Help! I want to flat iron!

Cheinei

I really wanna flat iron my hair. I miss that feeling.:drunk:
Only problem is, I'm not sure if the products in my house are ok to use for flat ironing.
I did a egg mask a few days ago.
I just did a apple cider vinegar rinse, and my hair looks shinier.
I washed and conditioned with Pantene breakage control with Queen Helene Cholesterol deep conditioner mixed.
Yet my hair still feels the same. My hair feels clean but dry clean. You know when you wash your hands and they feel dry after. It feels like that.
Is that normal? But I always add some BB Castor oil moisturizer after cleansing....and I guess it feels ok now.:ohwell:

Now Im airdrying, hoping that I dont fry my hair or something. Maybe Im just worrying. I guess my hair would be ok with just the BB on it. Should I just add heat protectant and thats it? heh Its been so long since I flat ironed and Im kind of nervous. :blush:

Cheinei, I think you should just use protectant. If your protectant is a serum, I think if you apply it to damp hair and then braid to stretch your hair, you will have soft hair that will flat iron nicely.

To be sure you apply the serum well, I suggest you use the relaxer method: part a narrow section, use fingers to smooth serum from base to ends. Repeat that with another narrow section...and continue till you have a nice chunk that can form a braid. Plait that firmly so it dries up stretched. I think you will get a good press when you do that.

The thing is, if you use another product that isn't a heat protectant, it will be fried in your hair and leave that awful smell we associate with pressed hair. But it will also interfere with how well protectant adheres to your hair.

Check out the tips given in this thread: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=431336

I really wanna flat iron my hair. I miss that feeling.:drunk:
Only problem is, I'm not sure if the products in my house are ok to use for flat ironing.
I did a egg mask a few days ago.
I just did a apple cider vinegar rinse, and my hair looks shinier.
I washed and conditioned with Pantene breakage control with Queen Helene Cholesterol deep conditioner mixed.
Yet my hair still feels the same. My hair feels clean but dry clean. You know when you wash your hands and they feel dry after. It feels like that.
Is that normal? But I always add some BB Castor oil moisturizer after cleansing....and I guess it feels ok now.:ohwell:

Now Im airdrying, hoping that I dont fry my hair or something. Maybe Im just worrying. I guess my hair would be ok with just the BB on it. Should I just add heat protectant and thats it? heh Its been so long since I flat ironed and Im kind of nervous. :blush:

3 years ago, I bought myself a Izumani Flat iron. I love it because I do BKT with it. I love it, its my best friend.
http://www.amazon.com/Izunami-450-Tourmaline-Ionic-Ceramic/dp/B002QHFG3Q

:yep:

Back