Help, I need advice

LANYCLADY

I have been transitioning for two months (yes, I know that's not a long time), and I am really frustrated with my styling options (#1 Bun, #2 Bun, etc). I am an attorney and I work at a very conservative law firm, so I don't think braids or a TWA will go over very well.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Please??

Thanks.

What about a straw set? Do you have anything against wearing wigs or weaves? If not, then your options are endless. I'm sure someone will post some links for hairstyles. I'll see what I can find

Hi LaNycLady....welcome to LHCF!
wave.gif

You can add braidouts and french rolls as well.

[ QUOTE ]
(#1 Bun, #2 Bun, etc)

[/ QUOTE ]
rofl.gif

I'm in the same situation:
Basic Bun
Bun w/ left side part
Bun w/ right side part
Bun w/ part down the middle
High Bun
Low Bun
Bun on top of my head
Oooh I'm feeling sexy how about a bun with a scarf wrapped around it.
sleep.gif
Maybe I will consider that winter weave option.

[ QUOTE ]
I have been transitioning for two months (yes, I know that's not a long time), and I am really frustrated with my styling options (#1 Bun, #2 Bun, etc). I am an attorney and I work at a very conservative law firm, so I don't think braids or a TWA will go over very well.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Please??

Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

call me naive but people still have a thing against braids? those are still considered "exotic" and ethnic looking? wow

Hey !!!
What about twists? Have you thought about that? After a few more months of new growth you will be able to get your hair pressed. I have a few friends who grew their perm out this way. I haven't had a perm in two months either, but that's just because i have recently gotten highlights. Right now i saturate my 3b/c hair with infusium23 and them put it in a bun to sleep in (it lays down reaaallly well). In the morning, the bun is still wet. I let it down and it is beautifully curly.

Good Luck!!!!

I have a friend who is the second in command for the VA (Veteran's Administration), in Augusta, GA, and she sports a very chic TWA.

Given the culture of your law firm, I believe the TWA would hold you in the best stead.

northernbelle

Here is a TWA Styles link. You will need to scroll down to Styles: The TWA: Short, Sharp, Chic to view the styles and for the how to instructions. This link is also posted on the How To's reference thread with mostly step by step instructions on "how to" do...

Back