HELP: I NEED A HAIR REGIMEN

taytay86

LHCF ladies,

I am in desperate need a good but reletively simple hair regimen, and I'm not sure where to start.

When I first got my hair relaxed at the tender age of 10, I've always had a hair regimen. My stylist was SERIOUS about it: relaxer and trim every 8 weeks, caster oil treatment was before relaxer, treatment after relaxer etc.

But now I'm 22 I work full time and excerise often and I've been wearing braids for about a year now. Since my hair is shorter now, I'm scared to wear it out as I dont know what to do with it. My last hair dresser let my hair fall off almost completely, and I can't go to my old hair dresser like this. I'll never hear the end of it!

I currently use Nexxus products (shampoo, conditioner and treatment) and Elasta QP Mango butter and olive oil for moisture and shine. I absolutely HATE going to the hair dresser and there's really no need if I'm in braids. I want to do things on my own. I just don't know what to do:ohwell:. I guess it's hard to tell what my hair needs when its in braids. I'm interested in Domincan products and I want to purchase scalp drops for growth and CD's elixir as a hot oil treatment.

I have 4a healthy hair, ear length, and I relax with Botanicals every 3 months (i'll wear my hair "out" for 2-3 weeks before I braid again)
Since I'm in braids, I wash about 1-2 times and week, co wash after I work out and air dry.
I use a protein treatment after my relaxer, and whenever I feel I need to do it again.
I mostly use my moisturizing poo and conditioner, however I do use my protein poo and conditioner when I feel the need to.
My hair and scalp likes "light" products, so no DAX for me!
I don't trim often as i find my hair "sticks out" after I braid it.

Can you ladies share your regimens with little 'ol me?

Thanks!

Last edited:
hmm lets see if i can help you:

i guess you want to keep it as simple as possible..
depending on how ur wear ur hair will determine exactly what products you need however for the most part i use

a detangling shampoo
deep conditioner
a good rinse( i like them cause my hair tangles alot)
a daily moisturizer
a leave in conditioner
some hair oil...

i guess thats it if you want to keep it simple.. but i do have other products for other ocassions but i dont use it that often....

Back