Help, I have a slight emergency.

MACgirl2k2

Hello LHCF family, I am a little depressed right now. I took out braids I had and as I was taking them down one big braid fell to the floor with my hair attached to it. I have a bald spot in the back of my head and I don't know what to do. I have been wearing a pony tail long enough to hide it but I have 4 special events coming up that I need my hair to look very nice. I was transitioning and held on for 5 months. I have not permed yet but jesus I just want to look nice. Here's a picture of my bald spot.
366382960.jpg

366382958.jpg

I know it may not look to serious but the reason I'm asking for help is because the salons I have been to a few salons and basically they don't want to do my hair. Any thoughts?

Last edited:
So sorry this happened to you... Only thing I can think of is half wigs. Not much stress to your scalp (like weaves or braids), you'll hide this spot until it grows back. Hope you keep transitioning.

Good luck :-)

I am so sorry to hear that, but to tell you the truth any hairdresser worth their salt can style your hair in a manner to cover most imperfections (including one as simple as a small bald spot in the back of your head behind your ear). See if anyone in your area can recommend you to a real stylist! Best wishes hun!

Thanks MummysGirl. I guess I can try the half wigs. The only thing is I work with special ed kids and they like to pull and touch hair.

Hey there girl. Please don't be depressed. Your hair can come back from this. Try scalp messages to get circulation back to that area to start.

Has there been a lot of tension (ponytails, pulling) to that area? It seems strange that hair would just fall out along with the braid unless it was fragile from tension beforehand.

Why would a salon refuse to give you service? Is it because of the bald spot?

Yep, the bald spot must have freaked them out. I guess they don't want to be responsible if something else happens. I was wearing cornrows w/ a sew in to help transition. I go to the Africans and they do braid tight. But dang I didn't expect the braid to just fall out with my hair attached. I have a graduation, prom, retirement part and a family reunion to attend. I hope I can find something to get me through.

Giiirrrlllll

Go to MIKE at MoHair Salon on E13th st in Manhattan.
He will hook you up. Tell him Danielle sent you.
My mom always jokes how a woman comes in to the salon bald and leaves with a full head of hair at Mikes.

It may be a joke, but the man DOES work wonders.
A QUALITY stylist WILL be able to hook you up with styles for your events to hide that and I agree with the person who suggested 1/2 wigs to cover it while it grows back...

Hello LHCF family, I am a little depressed right now. I took out braids I had and as I was taking them down one big braid fell to the floor with my hair attached to it. I have a bald spot in the back of my head and I don't know what to do. I have been wearing a pony tail long enough to hide it but I have 4 special events coming up that I need my hair to look very nice. I was transitioning and held on for 5 months. I have not permed yet but jesus I just want to look nice. Here's a picture of my bald spot.
366382960.jpg

366382958.jpg

I know it may not look to serious but the reason I'm asking for help is because the salons I have been to a few salons and basically they don't want to do my hair. Any thoughts?

Hello MACgirl2k2,
First... stay positive don't get depressed. I know some initial sadness is inescapable. But now you have to turn that around and grab some positivity. :yep: :yep: :yep:

You are not alone there have been many others who've run into this same problem before. I had a smaller braid do the same thing once and one of my close friends had micros that produced this same result but in the front along her hairline (yikes! it was bad):nono:

Mine happened to me pre hairboards so I just let the problem work itself out and it did.

My friend's happened early 2008. I immediately told her to get some Boundless Tresses. She did and she wore half wigs while routinely applying the BT and doing scalp massages. And all her hair came back.

Hair is very resilient. :grin: It will fill in again. But I definitely suggest getting some Bee Mine or some Boundless Tresses. Both products will be very helpful. You should also be sure to take a good multi-vitamin, drink plenty of water and eat good foods. I feel that Eggs & Broccoli are excellent hair growers. If you do decide to start relaxing again, I suggest that you avoid relaxing that whole area. Give it time to regrow.

Maintain a positive frame of mind and stay uplifted, it will help.

If you have an event you need to attend then that may be the time for a half wig or another style to give you the look you desire.

It will be OK. :yep: :yep:

Last edited:
Thank you both ladies. Whimsy, I'm going to check the salon out and Mook, I'm going to search for Boundless Tresses. In the meantime, I think I'll get a 1/2 wig to wear to work for now.

Hello MACgirl2k2,
First... stay positive don't get depressed. I know some initial sadness is inescapable. But now you have to turn that around and grab some positivity. :yep: :yep: :yep:

You are not alone there have been many others who've run into this same problem before. I had a smaller braid do the same thing once and one of my close friends had micros that produced this same result but in the front along her hairline (yikes! it was bad):nono:

Mine happened to me pre hairboards so I just let the problem work itself out and it did.

My friend's happened early 2008. I immediately told her to get some Boundless Tresses. She did and she wore half wigs while routinely applying the BT and doing scalp massages. And all her hair came back.

Hair is very resilient. :grin: It will fill in again. But I definitely suggest getting some Bee Mine or some Boundless Tresses. Both products will be very helpful. You should also be sure to take a good multi-vitamin, drink plenty of water and eat good foods. I feel that Eggs & Broccoli are excellent hair growers. If you do decide to start relaxing again, I suggest that you avoid relaxing that whole area. Give it time to regrow.

Maintain a positive frame of mind and stay uplifted, it will help.

If you have an event you need to attend then that may be the time for a half wig or another style to give you the look you desire.

It will be OK. :yep: :yep:

Ditto on the Boundless Tresses. That stuff works!

Last edited:
Don't be depressed. Keep the area moisturized and massage the area with a few drops of peppermint and rosemary oil mixed with a carrier oil (such as olive oil, carrot oil, jojoba, etc).

Use miconazole Nitrate (monistat) on the are twice a day and get a 5000 microgram tabs of Biotin, you'll have enough to rebraid in no time. I have slacked off this b/c my hair grew so fast it scared me,lol. I still do the MN just not every day. HTH

I'm going to cosign with everything Mook said. I would suggest staying away from wigs and weaves, just stick to wigs and half wigs until the hair starts to fill in. Also be deligent with your BT or BeeMine. Good luck and don't be depressed we all have have setbacks, just learn from it.

Just here to let you know I am so sorry this happened to you.

Unless it is something more serious that it appears, it will grow back.

I would just massage the scalp with olive oil mixed with a few drops of rosemary and peppermint oil nightly and keep it covered. In a few weeks you should have enough to braid it up for a sew-in.

Back