Help, I got braids!

Ntrlmystik

I have been complaing to everyone around me about my hair. It has just reached a point where its getting harder to care for and since I was frustrated w/ that I was doing the same ol things and got bored with it. Last week I could not take it anymore, I was going to do something drastic. However, I figured that if I did, I would regret it, so I got something that was temporary. Braids!. I went to Soweens in Brooklyn and they were very good. The woman that did my hair took her time and didn't braid them tightly. I have no pain nor do I feel any tension. So to all of you that wear braids, plese give me tips on keeping my hair soft, clean and strong under these things! Thanks. I have pics in my album under the updates...

condition, condition, condition!!!! I keep almost the same regimen I have with my natural hair when I am in braids. The only difference is I do not pre-poo and I follow den1's giude in terms of using the stocking cap to keep the braids from frizzing. I deep condition twice a week with a variety of products and use MTG for growth.
hth!!!

den1 said:
your braids looks brilliant, it really suits you, i wish i could get my hair braided so well

Hey Den! Thanks for the compliment. Also, I checked out your guide...its really going to help me when I wash my braids.

Your braids are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO cute!!! WOW!! They are very becoming to you and arent they perfect in this COLD winter weather?! I've been doing braided updo's for the winter.

I just took out the set in my siggie on Monday and the buildup was OUT OF THIS WORLD. But thanks to my ORS Shampoo and Conditioning pack I'm HAPPY once again. I get it rebraided on saturday and I cant wait!

Naturellle said:
Do you get alot of build up following your routine? Especially since you incorporate oil into your regimen?

:yep: I do, but I've always had a lot of buildup; Even before the pre-poos and DCs. What I don't have is a lot of hair loss. Buildup is annoying to pick through, but I've never had excessive hair loss because of it.

Back