Help...I can't get this gum out my hair!!!!

Traycee

:cry:I took a nap today and I was chewing gum....Well I woke up with it in my hair...On the front left side....Its in the front so I don't want to cut it....I almost didn't post this b/c I'm embarrassed ...Mom said ice....That didn't work...

Please help...It's not funny...I see u laughing...

Help!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry to hear that, Traycee. Hmmm, maybe some oil would help? I really don't know what to say since the ice didn't work. I wish you luck though.

lol... that must have been some high octane napping right there!

:lachen:

i'm sorry...

the ice didn't work because gum isn't soluble in water.
try soaking your hair in oil for an hour or so and gently pulling the gum out.

i know nail polish remover would work for sure, but i'm not sure if you're willing to put that in your hair. :look:

:cry:I took a nap today and I was chewing gum....Well I woke up with it in my hair...On the front left side....Its in the front so I don't want to cut it....I almost didn't post this b/c I'm embarrassed ...Mom said ice....That didn't work...

Help!!!!!!!!!!!!

Traycee, Get some peanut butter and rub it on the gum. The gum will break up and you will be able to comb it out.

Learned this trick from taking care of children.

The first thing I thought when I saw this was "OH NO TRAYCEEEEEE!!!" Yeah, I agree with the oil soaking. Then try to use a small tooth comb on small sections at a time. Did it get on a lot of your hair??:perplexed:sad:

ETA: Wow, I never heard of the peanut butter idea... I'll remember that one.

Help!!!!!!!!!!!!

Traycee, I wouldn't have laughed if you didn't say not to, but reading that just gave me a flashback. I remember when we were smaller, we used to go to bed and get gum stuck in our hair all the time. I was thinking about this the other day and was wondering why as an adult I have done this and haven't had problems.....:ohwell:

Anywho, seems like you got some good advice and I hope something works out for you!

BB

Thank you for the quick response...

OK .........:lachen::lachen:Peanut butter worked...Now I just need to shampoo.....Thanks everyone....I hope the peanut washes out easily:ohwell:

phew! I totally wasn't laughing until you said "dont laugh" :lachen:

I'm glad it worked out okay...you never know
the next big rave on here might be "peanut butter prepoo" :lachen::lachen::lachen:

wow you learn something new everyday...i have a daughter so i will store this in my memory bank just in case i need it. Wish my mom knew about this when i was younger, i had a habit of going to sleep with gum and sticking it on the sides on my temple, no where but my temples. Needless to say i was bald on many occassions.:ohwell:

Me & my cousin used to get a whooppin for going to bed with gum! hahaha my auntie wouldn't have any sympathy and just cut it out! LOL

:lachen:

I wonder if it's the oil in peanut butter that gets it out?????

I'm glad you got the gum out of your hair and damn. I'm never going to sleep with gum in my mouth again:nono: but if I do, I'll remember the peanut butter trick:yep:

Sorry, try peanut butter.hth and and be patient.

I agree with this. My mother used peanut butter to remove gum out of my hair dozens of times when I was a girl. Slap some on and let it sit for about a half an hour. Pick out some of the gum & then repeat the steps again and again til the gum is removed.

Don't worry hun.
It will come out.

Yes u can laugh now...Everyone in my house is.....My husband came home while the peanut butter was still in my hair..Now he walking around calling me NuttaButta

Only real down fall is I had to wash my hair several or more times to get the peanut butter out...My hair is so so so dry.......and I had a lot of shedding.. I've cleaning and cooking all evening with Nexxus Humectant ..( only real conditioner in the house right now) and coconut oil and plastic cap...I'll rinse b4 I go to bed

Other than that my little crisis is over....

This happend to me when I was younger to :nono:

Im glad you got it out, I never knew that peanut butter could do that, I learn so much from this board :yep:

WHEW! Glad the peanut butter worked. Betcha won't do that again huh?!
I'm storing that in my memory back as well.

why don't you just cut a cut side bang. your hair is long and very beautiful, i think you would still look nice with just that peice cut off. i don't know how bad it is but is a side bang would help then go for it

I'm glad you got it out. I could sense the panic.
These ladies are quick with the replies aren't they?

FYI, chocolate, mayonnaise, vinegar, and WD-40 will also remove gum.
I'm kinda surprised Bounce doesn't. That stuff does everything. :rolleyes:
Just something to know if you don't have peanut butter in the house.

I've heard egg whites or lemon juice will work too, but I haven't tried those so I can't vouch for them.

Yikes! Gum! So glad you were able to get it out. I also heard that peanut butter was good for that - it's good to know it really does work.

I'm glad you got it out. I could sense the panic.
These ladies are quick with the replies aren't they?

FYI, chocolate, mayonnaise, vinegar, and WD-40 will also remove gum.
I'm kinda surprised Bounce doesn't. That stuff does everything. :rolleyes:
Just something to know if you don't have peanut butter in the house.

I've heard egg whites or lemon juice will work too, but I haven't tried those so I can't vouch for them.

:grin: Sounds like you've encountered a few gums in your hair?!!!

Back