HELP! How does this sound?

Barbie83

I found this weave lady on Craigslist and emailed her a TON of questions. This is the ad I was responding to:

Here's how it works:
1. You purchase your hair from a hair store (I can inform you of what kind to buy, where to locally buy it, & how much it should or shouldn't cost.)
2. You set up and appointment with me (which will not last more than 2 hours!)
3. You come to your appointment with your hair clean.
4. I put your extensions in and I'll curl and/or cut your hair to your desired style/outcome.
5. You pay me only $60.
6. Your hair looks the best it has ever looked and you will get many compliments.
7. I gain a client and you will be back in 4-6 weeks or as you please.
HOURS:
Mon. - Fri. 10am - 1pm and then 5pm - 7pm
Saturday 9am -7pm
Sunday 1pm - 5pm
IN MOST CASES WHEN YOU PURCHASE YOUR EXTENSIONS, IT IS A ONE TIME INVESTMENT!
YOU WILL NOT HAVE TO PURCHASE EXTENSIONS AGAIN IN 4-6 WEEKS WHEN YOU SHOULD GET THEM RE-DONE.
YOU CAN WASH YOUR HUMAN HAIR EXTENSIONS LIKE YOU WOULD YOUR OWN AND IN 4-6 WEEKS, WHEN YOU NEED YOUR EXTENNSIONS RE-DONE, WE CAN REMOVE THEM AND RE-APPLY THEM AGAIN.
THEREFORE, FROM THERE ON OUT YOU ARE ONLY PAYING $60 FLAT TO GET YOUR EXTENSIONS IN AND NO ADDITIONAL COST TO PURCHASE MORE EXTENSIONS. (Unless you are changing the color, style of your hair, etc...)
I AM VERY EXPERIENCED AND HAVE NEVER HAD AN UNSATISFIED CLIENT. I DO NOT NEED TO SEE YOUR HAIR BEFORE I DO IT, BUT I WILL ASK YOU ABOUT THE TYPE OF HAIR YOU HAVE UPON YOU CONTACTING ME.
THANKS AND LOOK FORWARD TO MAKING YOU HAPPY SOON!!!

So i emailed her a ton of questions (i.e., what technique for sewing on wefts, what thread used, etc). This is her response:

Thank you very much for your inquiry. Please do not apologize for the amount of questions. I encourage my clients to ask questions in order to get an understanding of the process and feel comfortable and confident in the service they are receiving. Likewise, I am also into promoting healthy hair and therefore only do extension by sewing the hair in, which I have found is the most healthiest and a natural application.

To answer your questions:

1. I sew through the weft. It is better to sew through the weft in order to achieve a more secure hold. Sewing around the weft still allows the track to slide back and forth and potentially come loose.

2. The kind of threat I use depends on my customer. If I have a blond hair customer, I use the yellow hair thread. For darker haired customers, I use the brown hair thread. Any and all hair thread will suffice. It is thick and sturdy but also then enough to go through the weft of the track.
3. I do not seal the wefts. It is not necessary for me to seal the weft. The weft (of a decent brand of hair) is already sealed. Therefore, all it takes is thoroughly sewing in the thread into the weft to ensure no slipping and no looseness.

4. The braiding pattern I use varies from person to person and style to style. For example, If I am doing a sew-in for a woman of European descent, I use a different braid pattern than I would on a woman of African descent. Similarly, if I am using curly hair the braiding pattern differs than using straight hair. Lastly, the braiding pattern differs with the style of the sew-in. No matter what, the braids will not be detectable and will be flat.

5. I braid hair to corn rolls in all applications. Additionally, I may use a net if a client has very thin hair. Nevertheless, I always evaluate the hair and thus may add braiding hair when I braid the natural hair if I feel the natural hair is thin, damaged, or weak. Therefore, all the stress is not on the thin, damaged, or weak hair and re-enforced with the braid hair.

6. If I am un-installing the hair, that is an extra charge. Of course I would never cut into the natural hair. That is absurd to me. I simply cut the thread as you would a garment and pull the cut thread out.

7. Care for your hair underneath varies again from client and style. If you have straight hair it is easier to part through and take care of the scalp as you would naturally. As far as the washing of the hair, that depends on if you purchase human or artificial hair. I give care tips on an individual basis because it always differs from person to person and style.

8. I have worked with many brands, although I have not heard about that hair brand. What ethnicity are you and what style are you trying to achieve? What is your current hair type?

Please feel free to contact me if you like at 513-xxx-xxxx anytime is okay. Ask for xxx

Lets further discuss any other questions/concerns. It is my pleasure to assist you in getting the best possible results.

Thank you very much for your inquiry and your time.

Sincerely,

xxx

From her name, I'm assuming she's white. Not that that is an issue for me, just saying. I like all the responses she gave, but then again I'm a weave newbie so I'm not sure if I should trust my own judgment.

So tell me, ladies, would you let this lady do your hair?

Last edited:
Barbie,

She sounds knowledgeable, but you should ask to see pictures of her finished work or names and phone numbers of clients that you can call. Or ask if you can come and see her doing an install before making your decision.

She seems okay but sewing through the weft will create shedding no matter what so I don't think she knew what the sealing was for. You can get a tight install without sewing through. Also were you referring to nylon thread versus cotton? because it seems she thought you were asking about color.

^^^I was referring to whatever type of thread wont break my hair, so I suppose nylon is better?

Nylon thread is the best thread for the hair. It looks good to me....just be sure that she does not braid your hair too tight and sew the thread in too tight.

Back