HELP! How did you make your edges grow?

justnotsure

I have been a member of the LHCF for about a year now and I have gotten major growth based on several of your suggestions! Thanks!

I am SL and I have a relaxer (so I'm not natural).

Unfortunately though, my edges aren't growing like the rest of my hair. It's not that they are bald or rubbed out or anything, they are just short. They get frizzy along with the rest of my hair when I need a touch-up relaxer, but they never truly grow with the rest of my hair.

Does anyone else have this problem? Any suggestions? :wallbash:

I have been a member of the LHCF for about a year now and I have gotten major growth based on several of your suggestions! Thanks!

I am SL and I have a relaxer (so I'm not natural).

Unfortunately though, my edges aren't growing like the rest of my hair. It's not that they are bald or rubbed out or anything, they are just short. They get frizzy along with the rest of my hair when I need a touch-up relaxer, but they never truly grow with the rest of my hair.

Does anyone else have this problem? Any suggestions? :wallbash:

I'm going through the exact same thing. My edges are just as you described. Bumping for more replies.

How do you normally wear your hair. I'm asking because this was happening to me and it was because I would always wear my hair in ponytails and it was causing my edges to thin.

I grew out my almost bald edges with mtg in one month. I think you should also look into whats stopping you from retaining length on your sides, so when you do use a growth aide you can retain all the length your growing.

MTG really helped my edges. I hve had some set backs with mtg but it really, really, really works. I used it 3x per week only on wash days and massaged 4 about 5min and wrapped. It you look at my fotki u can c my edges were gone. I started using mtg 07/08 and my edges have filled in and r not see through. I also had a patch that was bald bx a beatician put to much weave glue in my hair and pulled it out.

Chile :wallbash: u just don't even want to know, but that patch has filled in nicely. I am currently at the botton neck length and I can wear my hair back and not have thin pathes. MTg really worked for me. My set backes came bx of my impatience.:nono:

B blessed.

I have this problem too! I don't pull my hair tight in my buns and even when I was wearing my hair down every single day, my edges were still little bitty pieces of hair. I stopped relaxing my nape completely and it's grown tremendously in the last 7 months...will I have to stop relaxing my edges for them to grow?!?!?

Like 2 years ago I was bald and I mean BALD on my sides. I started taking vitamins and they grew back in a couple of months including the rest of my hair. They were called NOURISH hair vitamins. I love them.

Thanks for the replies! I usually wear my hair down so my edges aren't being pulled. However, when its nearing time for a relaxer, I usually wear my hair in a ponytail all the time, but I don't pull my edges tight because I put a small clip near the side of the ponytail (mostly because my edges won't reach to the ponytail holder).

I am willing to try MTG again. What brands are you guys using? I love the idea of not relaxing my nape for a while to get more growth there...only 1 thing though...it gets really really nappy back there!

I'm going to post some pictures soon so that you guys can see what I'm talking about.

Back