Help! Henna for African Hair and Rajasthani Jasmine

HanaKuroi

I ordered a box of Henna fir African hair from mehandi instead of the individual packets. When I opened the box the packs all say Rajasthani Jasmine instead of Henna for African Hair. Is it the same? They both have the same lawsone content. Will it have the same effect? I bought it from hennaforhair.com

TIA

I went and Opened my (just to look). The inside Foil pack has a Sticker: "Henna For African Hair" The same as on the Front of the Box.

I would call or email them.

IDareT'sHair said:
I went and Opened my (just to look). The inside Foil pack has a Sticker: "Henna For African Hair" The same as on the Front of the Box.

I would call or email them.

Thanks,
For looking.They were closed when I called. I was about to mix up a batch and had everything laid out, tea brewed and coconut milk opened. I will contact them tomorrow.
They messed up my henna plans though, I have to get on a plane early Friday.

HanaKuroi: If it's any consolation and you are really wanting to try that Rajasthani go for it. I've been using that particular one once a month for the last 3 months. Fantastic stuff, though I havent used anything else to compare it to besides the amla. It takes a bit to rinse out on natural hair (as most henna powders) but I like it. Depends on if you want the deep red in the sun look. It turns my grays (if you have them) a nice bright copper which gives it depth of color and interest and not just a flat tone.

DarkJoy Thanks I may be forced to try that. I really don't understand how that happened. It was sealed. I rinse with Sallys gvp. I have black hair and have hennaed twice already. I was worried about rinsing and color.

I just use regular henna. If we're talking about the pure powdered leaf then there isn't a special kind for African hair. The only thing to be concerned with is the date of harvest. I use rajastani henna sometimes and sometimes i use the north african kind. They both work the same.

I agree with Tiye. I think the main difference is that particular company (which I also exclusively order from) grinds the powder finer for their "African hair" version so it rinses easier from a 'fro or locs.

Idarethair DarkJoy Tiye

I called and she told me that they were the exact same. They just word it differently to appeal to and target the customers. I told her that wasn't appreciated or necessary for us, but I understand that the majority would not want to buy something that "we" could use too. I said much more but, I am typing on my phone.

I am disappointed but not surprised at this tactic. I am only relieved that the price is the same! I would have been hot!

She also said that the box would say for African hair but the packs would say Rajasthani . I told her that made no sense.

Thanks ladies for your responses.

Back