Help! Help!

chelleypie810

So I cowashed the other day, and just let my hair airdry because I didn't want to use heat on it. BBBUUUTTT now my hair feels extra dry and ew I don't like it. Ends feel like a brillo pad. Would it be suggested that I do a hard core protein treatment. I think this would probably be the best cuz it's my ends that are especially breaking. But when I flat iron my hair it doesn't feel hard and break like this..ssoooo do i need porosity control or a protein treatment. I'm leaning towards the protein treat. Thanks guys!

you need moisture. hair is fragile when you air dry it, so sometimes it'll feel hard & brittle. invest in a good creamy moisturizing leave-in conditioner to use on airdried hair :yep:

if your hair is already feeling dry & hard, then a hardcore protein treatment will only make things worse for you at this point.

thanks guys! any recs for a creamy leave in? i'm glad this is semi normal..meaning other people have experienced the hard airdried hair. I thought I was gonna have to cut again.

I am sooooo no expert. I'm still a newbie. But I used to have dry hair when I air dried and did twist outs/braidouts etc. If I flat ironed it didn't feel dry.

But I think I finally got the right products for my hair and now my airdried hair is always soft.

I now use the shescentit products and I seal with Sally's argan oil.

So anyway.. the answer to my dry, breaking hair was more and the right kind of moisture, not protein.

Hey, airdrying is something im still trying to perfect! Stay away from hard protein though, i agree with the others on more moisture.
When you airdried did you put nothing on it at all? You will def get the wiry feeling. I like using a bit of giovanni direct with my isoplus leave in then wrap with keracare.
Wish you well, stick at it also airdrying isnt going to be for everybody.

Hey, airdrying is something im still trying to perfect! Stay away from hard protein though, i agree with the others on more moisture.
When you airdried did you put nothing on it at all? You will def get the wiry feeling. I like using a bit of giovanni direct with my isoplus leave in then wrap with keracare.
Wish you well, stick at it also airdrying isnt going to be for everybody.

i used moroccan oil hydrating style cream with argan oil. they work great when I airdry half way then blowdry the rest. but fully airdrying..i don't think it's for me..AT ALL. I was really trying to stay away from the heat but mayb cowashing aint for me either.

What did you co wash with? I co washed with too much Aussie moist recently and my hair came out the same way. I had to hop back into the shower and use Vo5

Airdrying is a tricky thing. My ends always feel gross, no matter what I use on them. Some products are better than others, but try a thick butter like Jane Carter Nourish and Shine after you dampen your ends a bit with water. So far thats whats been working for me

Back