HELP! HELP! RELAX/COLOR same day?

CHECKMATE!

OK....g'morn 2 all my beautiful LHCF sistas'...I need your advice....my 12wk stretch is over:) ....I'm going in for the creamy crack:lol: ...what next? should I comb/detangle b4 going to salon? which relaxer should i use? (I normally use MIzani) Should I color right after the relaxer or wait? Should I use a protein cond or a moisturizing cond afterwards? Normally, I just let them do what they do..but for some reason I feel compelled to seek counsel this time :look: ...please help,all advice is appreciated:D

ETA: I did an ACV rinse last week, and cowashed with AO Honey Suckle and havent washed since...very hard to detangle,NG is fighting me:look:

I would relax, use a reconstructor (like affirm 5 N 1) follow that with a moisturizing deep conditioner and then wait at least 2 weeks or longer
(during the two week wait you should give your hair a good protein treatment to strengthen it first) before coloring. Are you going lighter or darker with the color?

Thank u...I wanna go jet black, Im trying to decide: Bigen,Alter Ego, Sebastian???
amr501 said:
I would relax, use a reconstructor (like affirm 5 N 1) follow that with a moisturizing deep conditioner and then wait at least 2 weeks or longer
(during the two week wait you should give your hair a good protein treatment to strengthen it first) before coloring. Are you going lighter or darker with the color?

I wouldn't use Bigen.....I remember reading some bad things about it, I can't remember where. Going darker is not as bad on the hair as going lighter, but I would still wait just to be on the safe side. Mizani is a great relaxer by the way :up:
Post pics after you get it done :)

no Bigen...got it...thanks 4 responding:) ...I will definitely post pics once all is done;)
amr501 said:
I wouldn't use Bigen.....I remember reading some bad things about it, I can't remember where. Going darker is not as bad on the hair as going lighter, but I would still wait just to be on the safe side. Mizani is a great relaxer by the way :up:
Post pics after you get it done :)

Back