Help! Have I gone over the hair edge.....

So - covering the headrest of your car with something hair-friendly?

• Oooh, that's a good idea!!

Votes: 44 61.1%
  • Not a bad idea, but I don't think I'll be doing it.

Votes: 22 30.6%
  • Girl, you have officially gone over the egde.

Votes: 6 8.3%
  • Obligatory Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

JustKiya

or is this just a wise move?

Friday. I'm driving home, playing in my hair, since I was taking it out for the weekend. I realized that the back of my hair was catching on the cloth of my headrest. I had myself a nice lil freakout in the car, as I realized I had no combs to put my hair back up (MUST protect them ends!!!!!!) I did, however have my do-rag that I wear erry morning still in the car.
So. :look: I promptly tied my do-rag over the headrest, and as soon as I got home, dug in my hair supply cabinet/boxes/bags to find the extra wrap scarf I have.

That wrap scarf is now firmly (and permanently, besides to be washed and dried) tied around my headrest.

:look: Is that just going TOO far in trying to insure my hair doesn't catch/snap/break off on anything?

Or are ya'll finna tie do-rags around your (cloth) headrests too?

or is this just a wise move?

Friday. I'm driving home, playing in my hair, since I was taking it out for the weekend. I realized that the back of my hair was catching on the cloth of my headrest. I had myself a nice lil freakout in the car, as I realized I had no combs to put my hair back up (MUST protect them ends!!!!!!) I did, however have my do-rag that I wear erry morning still in the car.
So. :look: I promptly tied my do-rag over the headrest, and as soon as I got home, dug in my hair supply cabinet/boxes/bags to find the extra wrap scarf I have.

That wrap scarf is now firmly (and permanently, besides to be washed and dried) tied around my headrest.

:look: Is that just going TOO far in trying to insure my hair doesn't catch/snap/break off on anything?

Or are ya'll finna tie do-rags around your (cloth) headrests too?

Oh, Lawd, JKiya - I see a trend starting already :grin:

Prior to buying the massager, I used to catch my hair on the side of my nails (their weak and old lady looking) and finally I decided to keep a finger nail file in the car, bathroom, desk and kitchen just in case.

So, no you have not gone to far. It's amazing at all the ways you can catch, snag and remove precious cm of hair.

We're not going through all this trouble only to loose strands by accident.

Satin scarfs you now have a dual purpose...headrest covers :lachen:

I do the same thing everywhere! Even at the movies with SO. I refuse to lean my head on anything unless there is something I approve of between me and the seat/headrest etc

That's a GREAT idea! My head rest is leather, but now you got me thinking. I need to wrap everything my head touches that has cloth! Like my chair at my desk!

I don't think your wrong. If I had a car I would do the same. When I ride on the express bus or if I'm in a rental I make sure that my head doesn't touch the head rest for the same reason. LOL

Oh, Lawd, JKiya - I see a trend starting already :grin:

Prior to buying the massager, I used to catch my hair on the side of my nails (their weak and old lady looking) and finally I decided to keep a finger nail file in the car, bathroom, desk and kitchen just in case.

So, no you have not gone to far. It's amazing at all the ways you can catch, snag and remove precious cm of hair.

We're not going through all this trouble only to loose strands by accident.

Satin scarfs you now have a dual purpose...headrest covers :lachen:

I catch hair on my nails all the time. I have the same nails as you do. Now before every wash (my real hair wash day). I give myself a manicure for the same reason. I thought I was the only one.

I do the same thing everywhere! Even at the movies with SO. I refuse to lean my head on anything unless there is something I approve of between me and the seat/headrest etc

Oooh, see!!! That's real smart, there. I can see it now - have a scarf coordinating to your outfit tucked in your purse - just to whip out and cover headrests as needed. :lol:

:look: I really need to go to the fabric store...

I must be the only one who is all up on the wheel. My back never touches the seat :look: I'm 5'2, so even with the seat adjusted, my little legs struggle to reach the gas pedal and brakes in my PT Cruiser. Oh well...either way, it's a good idea.

Makes sense to me especially if you going to be driving long or sitting in a chair most of the day.

Never thought about those chairs in the movies. (Note to self, place scarves in your purse and in the glove compartment of every car you own in. (My DH is a car fanatic!)

No you are not going over the edge. Going over would mean you placing protective cloths on ALL of your headrests in the car, just in case you are not the one driving.

Going over the edge would mean placing a protected head cloth on every single chair you own including the one at work.

well......maybe not.:look:

Cute.....I love this :grin:

I guess i will recognize nikos cousins whenim a the movies or out in the car :grin:

Makes sense to me especially if you going to be driving long or sitting in a chair most of the day.

Never thought about those chairs in the movies. (Note to self, place scarves in your purse and in the glove compartment of every car you own in. (My DH is a car fanatic!)

No you are not going over the edge. Going over would mean you placing protective cloths on ALL of your headrests in the car, just in case you are not the one driving.

Going over the edge would mean placing a protected head cloth on every single chair you own including the one at work.

well......maybe not.:look:

:look: I thought about it. But I rarely, rarely wear my hair down....and it's not long enough to hit my chair back ANYWAY - but holla at me next year. :lachen: ::drunk:

I voted that I won't be doing it. :nono: I would rather put my hair up in a clip or something while I'm driving, but I wouldn't go around putting scarves and stuff over everything that my hair touches.

I don't see why anyone would think this is going over the edge (does that mean I've gone hair crazy too? lol)

It's not like you're running around throwing scarves over every single thing that your hair can snag on like a scarf bandit. It's not like you travel with a "car scarf" for any cab or car that you happen to be in.

It's your car that you use daily and you're in it for a good portion of the day.

I don't see why anyone would think this is going over the edge (does that mean I've gone hair crazy too? lol)

It's not like you're running around throwing scarves over every single thing that your hair can snag on like a scarf bandit. It's not like you travel with a "car scarf" for any cab or car that you happen to be in.

It's your car that you use daily and you're in it for a good portion of the day.

:lachen: :look:

The thoughts have crossed my mind. I haven't done it yet, but I've been giving my office chair the serious side eye lately. :lol: :sekret: I don't think I'll fess up to that one for a while. :lol: :rolleyes:

I've ALWAYS been conscious of what my hair touches, almost fanatical. My DH knows if he wants me to lay on his chest to grab that scarf!:lachen:

since i dont have a car i was sharing some of my knowledge with a friend and for almost a year she has had satin bonnets wrapped nicely around her headrests even the headrests in the back seat....I have always said that the minute Im blessed with a vehicle that I woulld be doing the same thing

Why ya playin, I really thought about doing something similar w/a scarf because my hair always seems to snag on my seat. Hate it. You ain't crazy girl, you smaht!

JusKiya, I think you need to market this product. Personally, my headrest is leather, but I do switch cars with hubby.

JustKiya - I'm glad I went back and read the OP. I was like "now, she knows dern well I've been in that car and DEFINITELY seen that headrest wrap at work - why is she owning up to it now?". So you started in April eh? Iiiiiinteresting.

I have one in my car.

I see nothing wrong.

Shoot, I just started looking into buying different silk and ridiculously high thread count cotton and cashmere scarves on eBay because I realized this week (just got a light trim) that since it's so cold I have to break out the thick sweaters now, my hair ends catch! (I want to wear my hair down mostly and enjoy it for the next month.) So I need some kind of barrier. I also thanked the stylist who did my hair, because she flipped my ends up when she rolled my hair, and now they're less likely to brush as much.

I wasn't too pressed about it until a hair snagged on Thursday and I reached back and grabbed it to pull it off and noticed it had raveled tightly up the strand, and was in a ball in one section! And I spent way too long looking for it throughout the day once I got some scissors so I could cut it.... I'm hoping it will just shed... Yes, I thought about it and other potential balled strands that much. :nono:

I'm getting a little obsessive, or at least if I were looking from the outside in I'd think so, but to prevent the endless split end searching, I will just get some scarves to lay over the wool sweaters. :look:

Heck naww! I can't lie, you guys have me thinkin, but heck naww. Oh well, my back enver touches my seat anyway. I really need some durn pedal extentions anyway. I'm waaaaay to short to eb touchin anything in my care loool

You have not gone over the edge. I have one of my spare satin bonnets on my head rest. Fits perfectly! Gotta protect the hair, and it's little things like this that make a difference.

I think it's a great idea. I personally keep my hair covered in silk scarves until I get to work in the morning (so it's protected). I guess once it gets to the super-lengths that I'm dreaming of, I'll have to try your trick. :yep:

Not over the edge at all. With all the money and time i'm spending on my hair now, it's an investment and i need to protect it or why bother with everything else i'm doing. I have leather headrests but since joining this forum i do not lean my head against the chair in the theater and have become conscious of everything my hair touches.

I was driving home last night and thought the same thing!! I was getting frustrated that I could feel my hair pulling on the headrest. Good idea!!

Wow what a great idea, I never thought to put a scarf on my headrest! I'll have to put one on there now. Thanks Kiya for being crazy LOL :lachen:

Back