Help! Has anyone had luck with Bald spots? pic(inside) inside

Have you had luck with Bald spots?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hii!
I dealt with bald spots recently because I had a HORRIBLE chemical burn due to an equally horrible woman applying some type of chemical to my hair that I thought was a plain hairdress and it wasn't... I had two major bald spots on either side of my head and it went straight down to the skin. I had major itching and burning allover and it was pretty much sensitive to the touch. As a result, I lopped the remainder of my hair off and I was left with a really patchy buzzcut.

I began applying MN, and cayenne + olive oil to my scalp RELIGIOUSLY. But especially the cayenne + olive- that I think did it for my hair and I went from nothing to about 3.5-4 inches (my bald spots were to the skin of course so its max is 3.5 and maybe the minimum is 3 inches in some spots but overall 3.5) in 7 months. Not that good but pretty decent because I was torn up before... now they are not noticeable at all... sleeping with a shower cap every night helped it too! HTH let me know if it does for you!

I am having this trouble now....But I cant really deal with my hair so I got a sewin...But she braided it too tight...I use sulfur oil but I dont think it is working...I might have to go back to mn

Last edited:
Hi OP :wave:

I'm sorry I don't have pictures of my bald spot. It started thinning around '05 due to horrible water at my campus in Illinois. By '06 it was completely bald and shiny on the right side of my nape, along with altogether horrible hair on my head. And then I joined LHCF.

I began trying different products I was seeing, but what gave me the best results was my own Homemade Sulfur Pomade - Here's the thread with the recipe .

I had had some success with massaging my bald spot with oils, but after I started using the pomade, the bald spot completely vanished :yep:. I also struggle with see through edges, and I've started taking a small amount of the pomade and mixing with Amla oil to massage into the edges, I'm seeing results already from the past 4 months, though I still have a ways to go.

HTH, Merry Christmas :wave:

Are the alter ego drops all natural?

These are the ingredients:

Ingredients: Agua, Alcohol Den., Hydrolized Soy Protein, Propylene Glycol, Peg-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Parfum, Hydrolyzed Wheat Gluten, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Methyl Nicotinate, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Cochlearia Armoracia Extract, Limonene, Tetrasodium Edta, Benzyl Salicylate, Propylparaben, Linalool, Hydroxycitronellal, Isoeugenol, Coumarin, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Eugenol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Citral, Simethicone.

Source

My mom helped me when the back of my hair was as smooth as a baby's bottom, she mixed Alove vera with JBCO-it may smell, but it works, I swear by this mixture, and will never worry about bald spots again. You can maybe put it on a Friday night (assuming you don't have any plans for the weekend) and wash it out sunday night. AV & JBCO FOR LIFE!!!

last summer i found a shiny bald spot in the back of my head. Derm gave me some cream that started with a "Ket" something but I barely used it. I used Megatek and lo mani styles (my puff) and just tried to forget it was there. Before i knew it grew back on it's own and is completely filled it. I also took vits during the period but if you are good with oil massages and all that, then that may work, I just know I would forget or not want to do that for 5 minutes so I love my applicator bottle! J

I have a big bald spot on the top of my head. Here are pics of where I am coming from:

Picture was taken in 2008 at Hair Club (as in The Hair Club for Men....yes *sigh* I know)

This was after nearly two years of not doing a thing to it. Pictures from August 2010.

Now what you really need to see is what happened from August til now (I need to take pictures of the spot this week to show the difference). I checked last night and the area is really filling in. I used a homemade sulfur mix (much like the ones already posted here - BUT - I added a perfumed oil to try to mask the smell of sulfur) and MTG mix along with regular JBCO use. While it has not completely eliminated the spot - its clear that my hair as been stimulated to grow.

The big thing above all product usage is PATIENCE. Baby your hair with a chosen regimen and wait. Make sure you are eating a healthy diet with lean proteins, fresh vegetables, plenty of water. Supplement with vitamins D and a multi-vitamin supplement. Get plenty of exercise (strive for at least 20 mins 3-5X a week) - if you need motivation, consider the amount of fresh blood circulating to help stimulate growth of your hair :yep:.

It will happen for you. HHJ

I had success with MTG.
Journeytolonghair014.jpg

Journeytolonghair059.jpg

Sent from my DROIDX using Long Hair Care Forum App

Megatek really made my sides grow back last year. I'm thinking about buying somemore to help a few other problem areas.

I just looked at your pics, and I am so stunned. When were the pics taken?

I have a few bald spots that has been on my head for years. It just started to grow back in a few months ago, and I am trying to figure out how, as I had them in braids for the last four months. I think it might of been because I increased my protein intake.

Nevacontent I took those pics back in April 2010. what kind of braids did you have? I found braids with extensions contributed to the damage i'm dealing with. The spots on my head are a little better but im going try sulfur to see how that may help. what did you do for your spots?

Nevacontent I took those pics back in April 2010. what kind of braids did you have? I found braids with extensions contributed to the damage i'm dealing with. The spots on my head are a little better but im going try sulfur to see how that may help. what did you do for your spots?

The braids I had were two-strand twists, with natural hair. I know that natural hair is easier on your hair than synthetic.

So how long did it take for your spot to fill in?

Now, I am trying a mixture of castor oil, coconut oil, essential oils and added in a few MSM capsules. I just started using it, so I hope it helps my spots.

The braids I had were two-strand twists, with natural hair. I know that natural hair is easier on your hair than synthetic.

So how long did it take for your spot to fill in?

Now, I am trying a mixture of castor oil, coconut oil, essential oils and added in a few MSM capsules. I just started using it, so I hope it helps my spots.

Im not sure how long it took to fill in. I saw a dermatologist bc my scalp was sore at the crown. He said that that the follicles were irritated from the pressure of the extensions so he gave me a couple of cortisone shots. by september there was a big improvement. now i'm using a similar mixture for a few more spots that are just thin and was them to fill in more. you know when I look at old pics i just wished I never relaxed or did the extensions. good luck babe keep me updated with the mixture and i will do the same.

i have pics in my fotki...havilland

mine was hormonal from pregnancy.

i used Blended Beauty Shea Butter based styling lotion and Melaleuca Scalp Therapy oil daily to see improvements in about two months. i also stopped stressful styling like ponytails.

I want to try something. I am going to the Derm today. I have some inflammation in my crown and a large thinning spot. I am going to try the essential oils and I have megatek here. I use to use it and it did made my hair thicker but I have to be cautious because it does cause dryness and breakage for me.
Here is my pic of my crown December 2010. I think I want to do a healthy scalp challenge for myself.

DSCN0374.jpg

Question: What does MTG means and JBCO?

Thanks!

Last edited:
I want to try something. I am going to the Derm today. I have some inflammation in my crown and a large thinning spot. I am going to try the essential oils and I have megatek here. I use to use it and it did made my hair thicker but I have to be cautious because it does cause dryness and breakage for me.
Here is my pic of my crown December 2010. I think I want to do a healthy scalp challenge for myself.

DSCN0374.jpg

Question: What does MTG means and JBCO?

Thanks!

JBCO = Jamaican Black Castor Oil

MTG = Shapley's M-T-G formula Shapleys; this is a sulfur oil mix - you can find many ways to make your own if you decide not to purchase. Just do a search.

I agree with Mzteaze:) also if ur scalp is irritated the derm might give you the cortisone shots to help with the inflammation. Good Luck!!!

I had that problem with my nape area when I first joined the site. I gave it lots of moisture using stay so fro and some other stuff I mixed together. It's in my fokti.

So barbie, I promised that I would come back with my pictures. Look what has happened in just six months. Even I am a little surprised.

I look the pics without assistance a few minutes ago so I am sorry if they are a little rough but you can see pretty good I think.

Here is the part - notice it no longer looks like a 3-4 lane highway. It looks more normal.

I tried to get a closer crown shot. But as you can see, while the thinness is still there - I do have some fuzz growing.

This has me really hopeful that with another 6 mos of work I will have the fullness I want. Then I can focus on my length.

So barbie, I promised that I would come back with my pictures. Look what has happened in just six months. Even I am a little surprised.

I look the pics without assistance a few minutes ago so I am sorry if they are a little rough but you can see pretty good I think.

Here is the part - notice it no longer looks like a 3-4 lane highway. It looks more normal.

I tried to get a closer crown shot. But as you can see, while the thinness is still there - I do have some fuzz growing.

This has me really hopeful that with another 6 mos of work I will have the fullness I want. Then I can focus on my length.

WOW Great progress in such little time :) Thank you so much. Also in you b4 picture were you dealing with a lot of shedding?

No I didn't have a LOT of shedding. Just a little. However, I did some research and found that with ANY new regimen for growth, you should expect some shedding for no more than 4 to 6 weeks. So for the first few weeks, it was a little tense each time I saw a little extra hair on my comb. But I started looking at the quality of shed hair and realized it was that sickly looking extra fine sliver of hair, not the healthy looking hair that I wanted.

Just to be safe, I tried a few of the anti-shedding techniques (tea rinses and stuff) but by the fourth week, all was good and it was back to my normal shed rate. I still have work to do but at least I know I am on the right path. So with enough patience and hard work, by July, a year after I started, my bald spot should be a distant memory.

BTW, I took a length shot last night and was so happy. Look:

So I am getting there. You can still see just a little thinness near the crown. But I will get there with some work.

Last edited:
@mztease,
Thanks so much for sharing your progress. This gives hope to all us who are dealing with the hair loss.

May I ask what's in your mixture.

Back