HELP!! Hair Withdrawal!!

naptrl

Dr. Naptrl :)
I did the BC 2 months ago and I love my natural hair. But, I've never had hair this short (3+ inches) before, so I miss my long hair sooooooo much!! I am happy with my decision to go natural, but I wish I had found LHCF earlier, so I would have been able to transition longer!! I thought all I could do was press it, and I was tired of being dependent on the hairdresser every week and putting all that heat in it!! Now I see soo much I could have done! I had hair that was almost bra-strap length! HELP! I need support!!
frown.gif

It'll be ok
kiss.gif
! Here I am fretting over a inch! No need to worry about what you could have done. Now let's focus on what you can do now. Is your hair too short for twists or coils? I don't have alot of suggestions but I wanted to offer my support. If you really miss your hair maybe braids can be an option, they sure did make my hair grow.

Thanks simplycee!! I need the support, girl!! I have braids right now. I'm going to start the braids challenge. I'll keep it braided for a month and then take it down, deep condition, and braid again. Hopefully, I'll have some good length by '05. It's not too short for twists and stuff.. I've had a lot of styles and I love my hair, but I LOOOOVVEE long hair and I really miss it. My hair grows fast, and genetically my sister and I grow hair fast (she's at bra strap!!) So hopefully I'll be back soon!!

You'll be there in no time. Braids are the best protective style for me. I suggest them to anyone who'll listen.
smile.gif
Sounds like you are on your way. Just think about how happy you'll be when you get to bra strap with all natural hair!

I know!! I'll be elated!! I can't wait!! I can't wait to just be long enough to do a nice puff!!

You'll be alright naptrl. We are all here for support. Simplycee is right about the braids. You could also cornrow your hair and wear a wig or weave that matches your natural texture too. The good part though is at least now you dont have to worry about dealing with two differnt texture matching and tangling. Since your hair grows fast you'll be able to play with cute styles along the way. Don't sweat it.

Back