Help Hair shedding but need a relaxer..relax or wait?

Mommynikki772

I am almost 3 months postpartum and my hair is shedding like crazy!!!! I also am in need of a relaxer.
I usually get them every 3-4 months and I cant (dont want) to wait much longer to get one with the holidays coming I want to look nice and my hair is gone wild!!
Would it be okay to relax with all this shedding going on since having the baby or just tough it out and wait?
Thanks ladies...

Sorry to read of your troubles, personally, I would wait to relax and perhaps consider taking some garlic supplements.
Congratulations on your new bundle of joy!!

I would get a handle on the shedding before relaxing. In fact, I wouldn't even relax while pregnant, but thats me and another thread.

I would wait on the relaxer. I'm a newbie so I don't have much advice to offer. Try a cute, no heat style for the holidays. I'm a big fan of braidouts because they make hair look fuller anyway (especially nice if you've been shedding a lot) and they're pretty. When I wear mine down with a festive headband or pin it up in an updo I get tons of compliments. I've never tried garlic treatments but I would def stay away from chemical & heat until the sheddding stopped. HTH

Back