HELP - hair out of weave- thin on top - bone strait relaxer - teased at the office

Re: HELP - hair out of weave- thin on top - bone strait relaxer - teased at the offic

Try the Wig Challenge 2008 and the MN Dozens Challenge (try a mixture with MN, sulfur and EVOO)....be patient and touch/massage your scalp on a daily basis with ayurvedic oils. You will see a big difference in 1 month!! :drunk:

Re: HELP - hair out of weave- thin on top - bone strait relaxer - teased at the offic

um no - too afraid - esp. now with this thinning thing on the top ....

you have to mami, I am a reformed weave wearer that learned the hard way too. Just relax, dont think about what anybody else thinks and think of how happy your hair is going to be in the long run. If vanity is an issue do what I am doing in the interim of my hair growing out wear wigs. :yep:

yea im definately thinking about the lace front option. :) thanks again everyone.

i agree with the people who said to texlax instead of relax. and you know where to send those jokers at ur job right?!? cheer up it will grow in!!

Try the Wig Challenge 2008 and the MN Dozens Challenge (try a mixture with MN, sulfur and EVOO)....be patient and touch/massage your scalp on a daily basis with ayurvedic oils. You will see a big difference in 1 month!! :drunk:

do the ayurvedic oils actually work for hair growth? which ones do i use? not too keen on using MN in my hair :perplexed and they have an indian food store website on amazon.com. and how much product do i use? (i tend to over-do it)

Sorry to hijack the thread... but its not completely off-topic... Does the glue or tape in lacefront's damage your edges? All that taking off and on and plus use of the solvent for the glue... :perplexed I don't know. Just a thought. Maybe the more experienced ones can give some input on this.

Sorry to hijack the thread... but its not completely off-topic... Does the glue or tape in lacefront's damage your edges? All that taking off and on and plus use of the solvent for the glue... :perplexed I don't know. Just a thought. Maybe the more experienced ones can give some input on this.

They can. SOme people apply the wig in front of their hairline to avoid damage. I have been using LF's for about 2 years as my protective style and my hair has gone from collar bone to past brastrap. I use bobby pins to apply my wig. It works for me, still looks natural, allows me to avoid the sticky glues and tapes, and I get to access and care for my scalp on a daily basis.

I'm so sorry - I think the relaxer was too strong - you may only need a mild. I would do away with the weaves for a while - let you natural hair breath a little. Take extra care of the thinning areas - moisterize daily.

Listen right now you are on the road to recovery - this time next year your co-workers will be eating those words.

They can. SOme people apply the wig in front of their hairline to avoid damage. I have been using LF's for about 2 years as my protective style and my hair has gone from collar bone to past brastrap. I use bobby pins to apply my wig. It works for me, still looks natural, allows me to avoid the sticky glues and tapes, and I get to access and care for my scalp on a daily basis.

Thanks for this clarification!!

HI THERE. I'M SORRY TO HEAR WHAT YOU ARE GOING THROUGH. NO, YOU ARE NOT OVERREACTING! I'D FEEL THE SAME WAY. I THINK YOUR HAIR WOULD BE THICKER IF YOU GAVE THE WEAVES A BREAK. MAYBE YOU CAN TRY TO INCORPORATE THE CROWN AND GLORY TECHNIQUE. MY VERSION OF THIS IS: I KEEP MY HAIR WEAVED FOR 6 WEEKS; WEAR IT IN A BUN FOR 6 WEEKS; AND THEN BACK IN A WEAVE FOR 6 WEEKS... THAT WAY, YOU ARE GIVING YOUR STRANDS SOME RELIEF AND SOME TIME TO GAIN STRENGTH WITH WEEKLY DEEP CONDITIONINGS. SEE THIS WEBSITE FOR MORE INFO, IF YOU HAVE NOT ALREADY CHECKED IT OUT: http://www.growafrohairlong.com/
I THINK YOU NEED TO INCORPORATE SOME PROTEIN TREATMENTS AS WELL.

BEST WISHES!

I did the same thing with my Lacefront, and my wigs.
I use bobby pins instead of glue and tape... still keeps it natural.
A makeup artist once told me, however, to put any glue/tape on your forehead, after your hairline, so that you don't lose hair...

I am sorry about your hair. Maybe you need to report you coworkers to human resources or to your boss. No one deserves to be treated this way at their place of employment. Make sure you are not getting tight braids or styles that stress your scalp. Good luck with this.

thank you all :) you are so supportive and i thank each and every one of you for helping me. i really really appreciate it :) thank you!:yep:

Mikal, you've come to the right place. The ladies here will give you lots of support and positive advice.

For inspiration, I would like the share Reniece's fotki album with you. She too had very thin hair from weaving (check out the Dec. 2001 picture), but over time, with proper care, she has grown and maintained some of the lushest and healthiest hair I've seen.

Please keep going until you reach your goals. You may need to pause and take a breathe, but don't stop. Patience and Persistence can help tremendously. Happy hair growing!

Just wanted to add that she used weaves to help in her hair growth. At first she glued in tracks which caused the thinning. She then began doing her own sew-ins and that's when he hair began to flourish...

Yeah, she's one of my hair idols!:grin:

Back