HELP! Hair Needs Moisture!

nissi

It's a little more complex than the title. Long story short, I self relaxed (Vitale) but used the wrong conditioner b4 neutralizing (the protein and not the Positive). So my hair has been kinda hard.

And the thing is, I need to do another henna, but henna locks in the moisture already in the hair, so I don't want to make a henna move until i solve the moisture problem.

I never had dryness as an issue before. What should I use??? Mayo? Yogurt?

TIA, HHG!

Yougurt and Mayo have protein in them, so you may want to try something else. Do you have a moisturizing conditioner that you can DC with? If you don't you can try Queen Helene, LeKair or Lustrasilk cholesterols. They are cheap (like $2 or less) and you can get them just about anywhere - Wal-Mart or a reg BSS. You can try adding honey and or glycerin to it for added moisture....HTH

Joico Moisture Recovery is great. Trader's Joe's Nourish Spa is fabulous. These two things correct any dryness I have.

Hmmm...I didn't know henna locks in moisture. I may do one to lock what I have in.:yep:

Thanks so much ladies for the speedy reply!!! :rosebud: Yes, henna locks moisture in. I caught that doing some reading from a henna company. It explained a lot from my first henna experience which was good, but needed improvement! :yep:

Definitely up your deep conditioning to two or three times a week until the problem is fixed. Frequent dc'ing with a moisturizing conditioner will quickly correct the problem. You can also try littlegoldlamb's Cap N Go Method. I haven't tried it yet but I will soon :yep:

Some good moisturizing conditioners are

Kenra MC
Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose
Aubrey Organics Desert Jojoba
Aubrey Organics Island Naturals
KeraCare Humecto
Alter Ego Energizing & Rebalancing

Back