HELP!!! Hair crisis!

pinkchocolatedaisy

Ok I don't understand...my hair suddenly has gone schizo one me! I seriously feel like chopping it off or doing something drastic. Everything was fone then suddenly my hair just decided to turn its back on me.My hair seems to frizz a lot on the left side. Now the front of my hair has always been crazy - not much curl just a slight wave or whatever. Now my twistouts are frizzy and when I wore my hair out on Saturday (b/c I was too tired of trying to style it) it was a frizzy mess on the left side. The right had springy defined coils but the left was a hot mess! Its alost like its getting looser on that side. My hair has grown a bit bc now the back touches my neck and when stretched the sides touch my collarbone. So I don't know if its loosening up or its a new product I used or if I need to clarify or should I blame it on the hormones! Or maybe I need a trim? I really need help!

Ok I don't understand...my hair suddenly has gone schizo one me! I seriously feel like chopping it off or doing something drastic. Everything was fone then suddenly my hair just decided to turn its back on me.My hair seems to frizz a lot on the left side. Now the front of my hair has always been crazy - not much curl just a slight wave or whatever. Now my twistouts are frizzy and when I wore my hair out on Saturday (b/c I was too tired of trying to style it) it was a frizzy mess on the left side. The right had springy defined coils but the left was a hot mess! Its alost like its getting looser on that side. My hair has grown a bit bc now the back touches my neck and when stretched the sides touch my collarbone. So I don't know if its loosening up or its a new product I used or if I need to clarify or should I blame it on the hormones! Or maybe I need a trim? I really need help!

Has your diet changed to reflect less consumption of protein or fats? That might have something to do with it. It could be hormonal. Have you changed hair products lately?

Well my regimen is to wash and dc every Sunday. I normally use Blended Beauty soy cream shampoo and dc with AOHSR or haieveda or joico kpak intense hydrator. I cowash maybe once/twice a wk w either Moisture msniac or Catwalk oatmeal and honey conditioner. I had been wearing twists/twistouts the last 2-3 wks until I noticed my hair looking frizzy. I use V05 plus Curls wc and castor oil and that usually gives me silky results for twists. I don't use a lot of protein but when I do its AOGPB or the generic kpak fr Sally or an abba product. The newest things I've tried are the Abba pure color cond and Aveda color conserve poo just to test them out bc I plan to get my hair colored at Aveda this Sat. Honestly my hair didn't really like that poo but would it cause all these problems I'm experiencing? My diet has changed in the last week bc of my gestational diabetes so I'm eating less carbs and more protein. My hair drama has been going on almost 3 wks - that's the last time I recall having good hair days.Pls excuse my spelling/grammar. I'm typing fr my cell.

It's possible that your hair is acting up due to the diet change from your diabetes.

It sounds like you need to clarify, though. When your hair is doing fine and then it starts to act up, that is often the case.

Also, how long do you normally wear your twists or twist-outs? If you normally wear them for 2-3 weeks, I'd say something else is going on. If you don't typically wear them for that long, it may be time to redo them.

What side do you sleep on?

What happens when you do a strand test of hair on the right and left sides?

Is your hair retaining moisture like it usually does?

Could it be my diet that soon? I just started eating differently last week. I wesr my twists one or two days then a twistout for one day and I redo them either with or without a wash and then start all over again. I only wear this style 2 or 3 days at a time.I sleep on my left side. And my twists always look better on the right. The front has always been difficult to retain moisture. But for the most part my hair retains pretty good.

Back