Help...Hair coming out...

SimplyBlessed

Or shedding really bad!!

I’ll try to make it short. I use to be weave queen and I know how to properly handle my hair after having a weave in. \I stopped getting sew ins and decided to start taking care of my hair, thanks to u ladies :grin: . I haven’t had one for like 6 months. Well my SO’s family reunion was coming up (6/27) so I decided to get a weave. Instead of a sew in I got a quick weave (glue on cap). I know ur all like :hammer:, but she used 2 stocking caps and I didn’t want to spend a lot b/c I was going to take it out fast, b/c I like to give my hair TLC now. No glue touched my hair, so glue was not the problem. I made sure to be extra careful!!

Well I decided to take it out today. It was a breeze no prob. Then I decided to do a hot oil treatment as a prepoo just in case any glue did touch my hair it would slide right off b/c of the oil. Did not like the prepoo but that’s a different story. Well when I was trying to separate my hair to divide in sections for washing, I was grabbing a lot of hair (coming out!!). I became worried :ohwell:, but didn’t think much of it b/c I know this is normal after having braids. When I got in the shower to wash my scalp, I noticed I was still grabbing hair. After washing I did a DC w/honey :lick:. While separating to put in the DC I was still grabbing hair. I let the DC sit in a few hours and cowashed it out, and while in the shower I was STILL grabbing chunks of hair, and while detangling (with the conditioner in while in the shower), more hair was coming. My shower was full of hair.

Here’s a pic of some of the hair I grabbed before cleaning my shower at washing out the DC. I grabbed about this much hair during every process, prepoo, shampoo, etc…
mail

Does anyone know why this may be happening and what can be done about it? I’m use to some shedding after a weave, but not like this, and I use to be weave queen!!

thanks ladies!!

https://mail.google.com/mail/?attid=0.0&disp=emb&view=a

Last edited:
Well since you had the weave 2 weeks, you had 2 weeks worth of shedding. At 50-100 hair per day, I'm not surprised you saw a lot of hair come out.

Also, even if you used two stocking caps some of the glue may have seeped through and got stuck to your hair. If so, those hairs probably came out as well.

I can't see the pic, but I'm pretty sure that you have nothing to worry about. Unless you see bald spots or huge clumps coming out, it's more than likely normal shedding.

I guess I'm just not use to weaves anymore...which isnt a bad thing...I was just like :blush: b/c it was sooo much hair...or atleast more than I've seen in a while

Back