Help - Hair coming OUT!!!!

precious2Him

Hey Ladies,

I need some help. I am new to taking care of my own hair. I am 4a/b relaxed, my stylist uses Affrim. Lately I have been noticing alot of hair in my comb and when i lightly run my hand through my hair i get long and short pieces of hair in my hand:perplexed. I do know when I got my last relaxer my stylist told me that my hair had broken off ready bad:ohwell: in the back due to me not going to her like I should. I am starting to freak out, so today I pre-pooed with an old conditioner and a bit of olive oil. I washed and deep conditioned my hair with Pantene Pro-V relaxed and natural line. I do not have a hooded dryer yeah so I have to air dry my hair. I decided to wrap it while it was wet, I do not know if that was a good idea are not........ I have decided to use Pantene Pro-V until I can get Keracare's product in a few weeks. Can you ladies help me? I don't want to have to cut my hair from breakage:sad:. I am at SL. What should I do?:nono:

:wave: Hi There...got a few questions for you:

How long (before this incident) has it been since your last relaxer?
Are you doing anything for protein?
How often do you moisturize?
Do you use heat? (Blowdryers,curling irons, flatirons?)
How often do you trim?
Are you sure your stylist neutralized you completely?

Answering these questions will hopefully help the LHCF experts to "diagnose" your problem.
Wrapping may not be such a good idea right now. Until you get to the root of the problem, the less manipulation the better.

Man...I haven't been relaxed in so long...maybe a more knowledgeable LHCF sista will chime in. Good luck!

:wave: Hi There...got a few questions for you:

How long (before this incident) has it been since your last relaxer?
Are you doing anything for protein?
How often do you moisturize?
Do you use heat? (Blowdryers,curling irons, flatirons?)
How often do you trim?
Are you sure your stylist neutralized you completely?

Answering these questions will hopefully help the LHCF experts to "diagnose" your problem.
Wrapping may not be such a good idea right now. Until you get to the root of the problem, the less manipulation the better.

Man...I haven't been relaxed in so long...maybe a more knowledgeable LHCF sista will chime in. Good luck!

*I got my hair relaxed at least 3 weeks ago.
*No, I do not use any protein. I want to try motions CPR.
*I have to moisturize almost everyday. My hair is thick and drinks up whatever I put in it. But I have been slacking.
*I don't use any heat often. When I washed my hair tonight I did zap it with my blow dryer just to get some heat while I was deep conditioning.
*My stylist trims my hair everytime I go. She trimmed me on my last relaxer.
*I am sure that my stylist neutralized me.

*I got my hair relaxed at least 3 weeks ago.
*No, I do not use any protein. I want to try motions CPR.
*I have to moisturize almost everyday. My hair is thick and drinks up whatever I put in it. But I have been slacking.
*I don't use any heat often. When I washed my hair tonight I did zap it with my blow dryer just to get some heat while I was deep conditioning.
*My stylist trims my hair everytime I go. She trimmed me on my last relaxer.
*I am sure that my stylist neutralized me.

No protein could definitely do it. I know I'm not relaxed, but I have experienced breakage in the past any my hair behaved the same way. I added a small amount of protein and it made a world of difference. My hair no longer sucks up any moisturizer I put on it.

Have you done a search on breakage? I think Sistaslick and Supergirl have some fantastic threads about combating breakage:yep:

If I were you, I would just co-wash, slather olive oil and conditioner on my hair every other day and bun it until I was able to get some products that will help.

Since you don't have a hood dryer, you can try the following to help your conditioners penetrate: warm a small amount of conditioner in the microwave, apply it to your hair, cover hair with a plastic cap, warm a towel in the microwave (be careful with this!) and apply the hot towel over your plastic cap. Condition for at least 15 minutes. Alternatively, you can condition overnight, using the first three steps.

I think you need to do a serious protein treatment immediately!! You could try aphogee's treatment. You can get it at any BSS. Sounds like you have too much moisture and not enough strength. Also...no wrapping right now. Just do a low bun or something very non-manipulative.

Back