HELP!! Going on a cruise. Need hairstyle suggestions.

YoursTrulyRE

I'm going on a cruise soon and need some ideas on how to wear my hair. It is a 4 day cruise to the caribbean and we will be doing a lot of swimming and water excursions, so I will need to be able to go from the pool to dinner in a moments notice.

I would like something versatile that I can either wear down at dinner or put up in a ponytail while swimming.

I was thinking a sew-in or tree braids but not sure how it will last with the water?

Would you recommend synthetic hair or human hair?

I say either a weave that's a wavy or curly style so you don't have to do much but wash and dry it. If you want to do braids that's the eaisest option a long with 2 strand twist. I say if your doing a weave or single braids human hair is the way to go for twist i think synthetic is okay. Oh and take your own blow dryer cause sometimes the one the boat sucks and enjoy your cruise.

Get a weave and dont get it from the bss you will hate yourself :lol:
Try her site... http://www.texturesbybms.net/
she has some gorgeous curly hair and the wefts are great... no shedding and u will be able to reuse the hair. and the prices are good.
I am pretty cool with her online and she has some excellent customer service. PM me if you want some direct contact info.

ETA: I posted the wrong link

Last edited:
Thanks! I'm going to Dominican Republic in August and I was thinking about getting Senegalese Twists. Thought that would also double as a good PS for a couple of months.

On my last cruise I notice a lot of braided styles, cornrows, etc. I was only 2 months post relaxer into my transition and opted to wear a phonypony for most of the trip.

Get a weave, a half wig, or get regular braids and or twist. You can have versitility with all.

Have fun on your cruise. :)

I was thinking of staying away from individual braids due to the weight of the hair when wet.

Thanks for the suggestions so far. Keep them coming ladies!!

Oh and if you have any pics that would be helpful as well. :)

Get a weave and dont get it from the bss you will hate yourself :lol:
Try her site... http://www.texturesbybms.com/
she has some gorgeous curly hair and the wefts are great... no shedding and u will be able to reuse the hair. and the prices are good.
I am pretty cool with her online and she has some excellent customer service. PM me if you want some direct contact info.

Thanks. Since the link didn't work I googled the name. Is this link correct?
http://texturesbybms.net/

I went on a cruise to the Bahamas back in 2010. I wore my hair in a high bun the whole time...

DSC07916-vi.jpg

Take a wig. I did and I called it my cruise hair.

Went Chin length for the dinner. (pic 1, notice the sunburn, LOL);from the pool with my SL length hair(pic 2 for example)

Have fun with it.

Attachments

• yorlooks.jpg
    yorlooks.jpg
    1.5 KB · Views: 103
  • scan0002.jpg
    scan0002.jpg
    278.8 KB · Views: 60
I'm going on a cruise in May myself. My plan is to wear my protective styles during the day: buns, french braids, updos and to wear my hair loose or in a fancier updo at night.

For swimming, I'll saturate my hair with water first so it won't be able to absorb much of the chlorinated water then do a wash and go from the pool into evening.:yep:

Last edited:
When I went on a cruise I wore my hair straight the first day then a ponytail then on the fifth day I went to the beach and got my hair wet so I wore two cornrows that day and a braidout the last two days

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D

Back