HELP!!!(for a friend)

naturalgurl

I usually wouldn't do this BUT, my co worker just told me that when she picked her daughter up yesterday from getting her hair braided her daughter told her something that made ME mad. The woman who braided her hair into loose end braids used finger nail glue instead of tying the ends.:blush: Now this girl who is 15 is in tears and worried about having to cut her hair to get her braids out:nono:. She didn't know the lady was doing this until she finished and had the nerve to tell this poor girl to go put the nail glue back on the shelf(what a lazy woman!). Some people! Sooo, is there a remedy? Can she saturate her hair in something to dissolve the glue. I feel so bad for the girl and I told my co worker (who knows I'm a hair freak) that I'd ask my sista's on my hair forum. So is she out of luck????

So the lady didn't add hair? She braided the girls hair and put glue on the ends? People are so ignortant! They do know better, because they would never do that to there owe head! Wish she could have had someone there with her so that wouldn't have happened.

Fingernail glue? Acetone would be her best bet - you can find it as nail polish remover - though, I don't know what that would do to the hair itself, assuming it's plastic rather than human hair..... :ohwell:

That's so trifiling.

Last edited:
Whoa..........

Ok - did she put extensions in?

and - did she braid past the girls hair????

I do have a solution....

1. SOAK the ends ( hair might be nice too) in EVOO - I mean SOAK!!!

2. section hair and put pure acetone in a tint bottle - then use that to go through EACH end of each BRAID ( this will be time consuming ) and dislodge the glue.

if the glue was added to the end - past her hair - she will be just fine.

Oops, left that part out. It's added hair. She did braid some of the hair past the ends and glued them but a lot of the braids are braided to the ends of her own hair and then glued. So a lot of her own ends are glued together. I told her about the acetone too, but don't know what that might do to her hair...

One of my nieces, who was about 16 at the time, did this same thing to another one of my nieces who was about 9. She glued her real hair to the extensions. Needless, to say, my 9 year old niece had to have several inched of her hair cut off. I don't know what my 16 year old niece was thinking when she did that. I hope someone has a solutiion for your friend, because something like that can be very upsetting.

I think this is a good idea, the soaking oil my prevent some of the damage from the acetone. If it does not work, she may need to cut some of the hair. I hope that is not the case, but if so at least its just the ends. :sad: I can't believe someone would do such a dumb thing!

Whoa..........

Ok - did she put extensions in?

and - did she braid past the girls hair????

I do have a solution....

1. SOAK the ends ( hair might be nice too) in EVOO - I mean SOAK!!!

2. section hair and put pure acetone in a tint bottle - then use that to go through EACH end of each BRAID ( this will be time consuming ) and dislodge the glue.

if the glue was added to the end - past her hair - she will be just fine.

Oops, left that part out. It's added hair. She did braid some of the hair past the ends and glued them but a lot of the braids are braided to the ends of her own hair and then glued. So a lot of her own ends are glued together. I told her about the acetone too, but don't know what that might do to her hair...

That is why I said to put the EVOO on first.

Acetone sounds worse than the glue.

I wonder if she put some regular strength lye relaxer on it, if that would un-glue it.

Hopefully only her ends are affected by this. Sounds like a trim might be required.

Someone needs to go have a long sit down with that woman. That is very irresponsible to use fingernail gule in hair. Others need to be warned.

i had fusion hair extensions a few months back and my stylist used acetone to take them out. the extensions were "fused" to my real hair so the acetone was rubbing on my real hair as she was taking them out. i was scared to death but there wasn't any real damage from the acetone. so hopefully this girl's hair won't be damaged either if she chooses to use acetone.

Wow ....you brought back memories....this happened to me about nine years ago...I got my hair braided loose on the ends with the curly human hair....It was so pretty...She braided past my hair then glued the braid...Well it never crossed my mind that the glue would spread up till it was time to take them down....I had to cut my hair in order to unbraid the braid....I lost an inch and 2 inches in some places...I was so hurt....

I called the lady who did my hair in tears...She said she had a few other complaints about the same issue...She actually after that went and took a class and learned how to put a ....almost like a knot in the braid....

We live ....We learn....

The acetone will dry your hair BUT the oil soaking should help combat that. It will take time and patience to get that crap out of her hair but you can do it. My sis had this done and it took us 2 days to get it all out but she didnt lose any hair and she got a refund too (she threatened to call the cops cuz the lady aint have a braiding license).

Back