Help!! Flaky scalp and 1 week old braids

I would suggest you to use oils+essential oil(rosemary and others against dandruff/flakes essential oils) on your hairline. You can use poo against dandruff/flakes too!

MTG helped stop my dandruff and scalp itching. What are you using to moisturize your hair?

Well I did various searches around and decided to wash (of course :-)!) and then did an ACV rinse with it. (I used Jason's Jojoba poo and co) I had someone buy IC braid spray which is supposed to be free of all the harsh chemicals. I was using Africa's Best Oil but I dont think that was penetrating. We'll try the spray and see how this week works out.

OMG! Its starting to flake again. I notice its mostly the front hairline. Is this a result of the braids up there? Sigh...

I had a similar problem. I saw my dermatologist who prescribed Derma-Smooth Scalp Oil (fluocinolone acetonide). I used it nightly for 2 weeks and haven't had a single flake or any itchiness since.

The reason MTG is so good for getting rid of dandruff and itch is because of the sulfur. If you don't want to use MTG, find another product with sulfur in it or make your own from sulfur powder.

Back