Help !First time flat ironed

dyh080

I just flat ironed my hair for the first time in my life. People I know who are under the age of 23 never saw my hair like this. I told my niece I would do it for her graduation last year but chickened out.

Now I'm looking for threads on maintaining healthy hair while flat ironed.

What are some good products, regimens, etc to keep the hair healthy and maintain length? I need help!

Thanks.

I just flat ironed my hair for the first time in my life. People I know who are under the age of 23 never saw my hair like this. I told my niece I would do it for her graduation last year but chickened out.

What are some good products, regimens, etc to keep the hair healthy and maintain length? I need help!

Thanks.
IMO don't think 1 flat iron is too harsh...however, heat protectors are neccessary when you do flat iron. CHI iron guard is pretty good. I'd also like to suggest wrapping the hair at night, so that you can having to flat iron your hair for a while.

When my hair is flat ironed, I only use oil and/or serums to maintain it. I find conditioners too heavy or too watery for straightened hair. When my edges start to revert a little, I use some gel or conditioner then to maintain until wash day.

Thanks.

You know the dealio: Pictas! :grin:

I always use a product called HANA shine shield, it came for free with my flat iron otherwise I wouldnt have known about it but it's great for protecting my hair from heat and it leaves it smooth and shiny :-D

Once hair has been flat ironed, if damage was going to occur, it already would have. I actually think the health of flat ironed hair occurs before the iron touches the hair itself.

Did you make sure your hair was WELL moisturized by your DC before using heat?

Note: No matter how much heat protectant you use, it can not prevent heat damage. I think some may have the misconception that it does.

If not, no matter how well you take care of your hair while it is straight, the damage will appear when you wash your hair for the first time.

Back