HELP!!! (esp. those knowledgeable in texturizing)

WaterMoccasin

I have a PCJ (children's regular relaxer) that I bought in the summer out of frustration with my natural hair and battling the humidity and had planned to texturize. But I never used it because I found products that did wonders and helped me through the summer and honestly, were godsends, completely changed my mind about texturizing.

But i have decided no matter what, at some point, I will texturize anyway. I just want to make my hair a teeny bit more manageable and 'hang south' a bit more etc etc.

so 2 questions:
1. How long do you think the PCJ can last? That is, what is the shelf life? I bought it in July. I don't know how long I can hold on to it since I don't plan to texturize probably not until Spring.

2. I think it's ok to use this PCj to do it, but am I supposed to add conditioner to it?? Or use it as is? (in both cases being careful about timing, i know)

Thanks ladies!!

I can't really help because I get my hair texturized in a salon.
Hopefully, my post will bump this into view.

Question: what was the great product that you found that changed your mind about texturizing.

1. How long do you think the PCJ can last? That is, what is the shelf life? I bought it in July. I don't know how long I can hold on to it since I don't plan to texturize probably not until Spring.

I have no idea. Sorry.

2. I think it's ok to use this PCj to do it, but am I supposed to add conditioner to it?? Or use it as is? (in both cases being careful about timing, i know)

I don't add anything to my relaxer when texturizing. I don't use PCJ. You should do a STRAND TEST to determine the timing for your hair and various sections of your head because the timing and/or relaxer strength needed could be different throughout your head. Mine is. While you're waiting, you may want to consider experimenting to see how long to leave it on and whether you want to mix it with something.

Also sometimes an old relaxer will not process well. It will leave the hair underprocessed. Also if the relaxer has to be mixed with an activator, make sure that the cream (white and in the jar) is not seperated that is a sure fire way of telling an old relaxer. Also strand test.

[ QUOTE ]
11111 said:
I can't really help because I get my hair texturized in a salon.
Hopefully, my post will bump this into view.

Question: what was the great product that you found that changed your mind about texturizing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I bring this up every now and then in my posts when relevant (and because I love them so much): the great product line was (drum roll please) Curly Hair Solutions!
They're at http://www.frizzoff.com/chc/hairgallery/ (that link will take you to the hair gallery-it did for my hair what it did for the girls named Sarit, Michelle and Cinderella)
The products are expensive though...

BahamaMama,

Would you mind sharing which specific products you used? TIA
wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Zola said:
BahamaMama,

Would you mind sharing which specific products you used? TIA
wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I used the leave-in conditioner and the Curl Keeper (in that order after washing/conditioning my hair).
I promise promise PROMISE to post pics soon!!! (by next week)

Back