Help... Do I need protien ???

Britt

I have a problem, my hair is NOT responding to any of my conditioners that always work
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
I have clarified 3x. I have tried co washes and my hair is still HARD and tangled afterwards
mad.gif
. My hair is not breaking or shedding when dry. Do I need protien? I don't want to use a harsh protien since my hair is hard already. I was thinking of maybe purchasing Aubreys GPB. Does protien affect moisture ???? I am at wits end, b/c my hair does not respond to ANY of my conditioners. I don't want to buy another moisturizing conditioner if its not going to penetrait my hair shaft, Clarifying doesn't work, changing conditioners doesn't work, NOTHING works.

HELP
confused.gif
mad.gif
confused.gif
mad.gif

Britt

Pantene clarifying.
Its hair issues like this that make me get fed up and CHOP it off
swearing.gif

Pantene clarifying.
Its hair issues like this that make me get fed up and CHOP it off
swearing.gif

Do you have Eluence Moisture Retension treatment? It is wheat protein based. Or you can try the Jheri Redding Hi Pro protein pack that Tracy uses alot. Is your hair tangled as well or just hard?

Maybe it could be hard water?
I thought one of the signs that you need protein is weak,breaking hair.I didn't know it could make your hair hard and tangled if you need a protein treatment.

Do you use a good leave-in conditioner? Another thought, have you tried a hot oil treatment? Also, are your ends split?

I think protein would make it harder (except for the Aubrey GPB). What about an apple cider vinegar rinse to close the cuticles?

See I asked if it was tangled because something similar happened to me last may (the reason why I came to search for hair boards). It turned out that what I needed was protein. So try the one I mentioned or even ORS hair mayonaise helped me somewhat (even though I don't think it is that great of a product overall). Or try Dudley's Hair Rebuilder, that may be the best low protein conditioner.

Are you using Cream of Nature shampoo? because your problem sounds like the same exact problem I had in the summer and it was due to it. My favorite staples werent responding at all, n it was always a tangled mess, I tried all types of clarifiers, ACV rinses EVERYTHING and my hair just wouldnt put. So many tangles, n so many broken hairs later I finally targeted that evil, evil CON.

Some months ago I had the same problem and protein solved it. The hair in my crown area was tangled no matter what I did and felt rough. I read that protein fills in the little gaps in your hair shaft, making it more smooth. I use GPB regularly now and I haven't had that problem since.

[ QUOTE ]
Does protien affect moisture ????

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, it should help your hair to do a better job of binding moisture.

Thanks everyone. Tommorrow I will buy GPB and hopefully things will turn out better. I will bring i to the salon where I can get a really smooth rollerset. When I get a rollerset my hair feels smooth.

* I do use a good leave-in and that helps with my tangles.
* My ends arent split at all, my hair looks healthy just feels terrible when wet

Thanks again everyone!
More responses are greatly appreciated :-)

Back