Help Determining Hair Type

ChunHyang

I'd love if you ladies could help me figure out my hair type. I don't have a digital camera, but looking at my new growth this is pretty much a mirror image of what it looks like. I'm not even exaggerating ya'll.

18278L.jpg

Is there a website with a closeup of hair types? I really can't tell just looking at someone else's head (referring to naturally curly site). Thanks in advance and sorry for being topic-repetitive :spank:

i can't add or assist but i'd really love to see what responses you get... i've claimed 4a for the longest but i truly have no idea what the heck my hair is.. plus, i'm curious as to what these types truly look like (barring the images from naturallycurly and this other site that had some other images but still didn't give me a good indication of what i'm working with)...

I'm still confused. I have gone to 4 months post relaxer carefully examining the new growth and I still don't know for sure. I just assume that I am a 4a.

according to what i've seen so far, the picture you put up seems to be 3c/4a... either one of them, lol. looks like my new growth and that's what i think mine is too.

It's so hard to tell, IME, because the Andre system only factors in curl diameter, which has little to do with my hair type. Besides, I can't really see my actual curl diameter until I cut the rest of the relaxer off. I have guessed that I'm 4a/4b though.

I prefer the systems that factor in texture. When I'm looking for hair twins, I'm looking for women not only with coils and curls, but also spongy hair texture with thin or medium strands.

Thats what my hair looks like in the front and crown its wavy in the back so I can't really say. I just consider it all a 4 something:lol:

I don't think its really all that imporant because most will have more than one hair type on their head.

-A

I consider myself 4a...but I know that I have multiple textures ranging from 3b-4a...I just go with 4a because I'm quite sure that's what I have the most. Multiple textures galore! It's actually quite interesting.

I don't like the Andre Walker system because Black hair is like DNA almost, its relli unique to the person....

Back