Help determining hair type?

nathansgirl1908

Okay so I finally took some pics of a little short puff of my natural hair. I was hoping some of you ladies could give me an idea of what type of hair I have. It was difficult taking the pic and some of them are blurry, but I hope that you can still see enough to make some guesstimates as to what type of hair I may have.

Thanks in advance for any input.

Attachments

• DSCN1178.jpg
    DSCN1178.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 49
  • DSCN1185.jpg
    DSCN1185.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 53
  • DSCN1184.jpg
    DSCN1184.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 69
Sorry. I really am not good at this hair typing thing but maybe you could include pics of a wet patch of hair so the ladies can see how your hair looks when wet and how it reacts to water.

HTH

Okay here are some photos with that same puff after I wet it.

Attachments

• DSCN1186.jpg
    DSCN1186.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 31
  • DSCN1189.jpg
    DSCN1189.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
i cant tell either, you are pulling on the hair and stretching it making it hard to distinguish and you may need a few more inches before it's possible to tell. i've been transtioning for a year and i'm still not 100% sure what my hair type is :drunk:

Last edited:
I suggest you look at the Andre Walker system. You are pulling your hair straight in your photos, so no one would be able to distinguish what texture it really is. It would be easier for you to determine it yourself but since your hair is short, you may need a couple more inches.

Last edited:
Sorry, I can’t tell either from the shots, I think Sapphire chic & Tocktick have made great suggestion's.

Last edited:
i cant tell either, you are pulling on the hair and stretching it making it hard to distinguish and you may need a few more inches before it's possible to tell. i've been transtioning for a year and i'm still not 100% sure what my hair type is :drunk:

what she said and as for the rest plus what tocktick said. focus your camera...play with the zoom feature and don't hold your hair. we only stretch hair to show length. we can only suggest you'd rewet your hair, get a good clear shot and repost. we don't always get good shots on the first and second try. shoot it takes me like 50 million and finding the best one b4 i post......since i'm takig my own pics. dh is horrible at it and he's not interested in practicing his photo taking of hair:grin:. but if you're having a hard time snapping pics, gets someone to help you.

hth

what she said and as for the rest plus what tocktick said. focus your camera...play with the zoom feature and don't hold your hair. we only stretch hair to show length. we can only suggest you'd rewet your hair, get a good clear shot and repost. we don't always get good shots on the first and second try. shoot it takes me like 50 million and finding the best one b4 i post......since i'm takig my own pics. dh is horrible at it and he's not interested in practicing his photo taking of hair:grin:. but if you're having a hard time snapping pics, gets someone to help you.

hth

Thanks! I will do that.

Back