Help! Can someone tell me my hair type?

Here is a picture of my hair with conditoner in it, but lately i have been having a problem with my hair. Ive noticed lately that my curl pattern in my hair has significantly loosened, and i wonder if it is from heat damage. I wash my hair once a week, and use a flat-iron once a week. Can someone tell me what is going on with my hair.

Attachments

• hair.jpg
    hair.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 73
Is "beautiful" a hair type? lol Sorry I'm not much help at all, but I wanted to say your hair is pretty. I hope someone can help.

Blessings,
cj

Also i am still in the process of transitioning. i have been transitioning for a 13 months now and i was wondering is there a way to maintain straight hair without using so much direct heat?

i think you may be a either a 4a or 3c from those pics but its more accurate once those ends come off. enjoy your transition!

Do you have any pics WITHOUT product and completely dry?

In my opinion, that is the "truthful" way to show hair if you want your hair typed. I also agree that relaxed ends will soooooooooo weigh your hair down.

Do like I did and snip snip on a small section and see how it comes out!

Oh and yes, heat can cause hair to naturally straighten over time with a lot of use. Once you get rid of the relaxed ends (BC), a lot of moisture will hopefully help your hair bounce back. If not, you possible have heat damage and may need to snip snip even more. Or, you can grow your hair out more to get a fresh batch of new growth and then do another Big chop.

I hope that helps!

Last edited:
does the relaxed hair really weigh down the natural hair causing the curl pattern to be looser?

Yes it does.

This was my hair after 9 months of transitioning
DSC02783.jpg

nsitionin After I cut my hair I realized that it wasn't this long. I don't even think it was nape length LOL But of course you have to factor in shrinkage. My hair curled up very nicely right afterwards. BTW you have beautiful hair!

The relaxed ends do weigth the hair down which is actually a good thing when you are transtitioning because your hair will lay down better as you grow it out. Also, the heat will damage your hair especially if you are doing it once a week. Is it possible for you to save the heat for special occasions and just wear a protective style in between?

Back