HELP BREAKAGE

writtenthought

I had Kinky twist in for about 6 weeks. I took them out and washed, oil rinse and deep condition. Then I lightly blowdryed my hair for my braid out. I had a bunch of little hairs breaking off. What can I do? Does this happen to naturals when we blowdry. My hair was semi-dry and I only ran the blow dry thru twice on big sections of hair on warm setting?

I washed once a week and deep condition with lekair cholestrol plus for an hour. Than sprayed braid spray with some vo5 conditioner and infusium 23 every other day. I also use aphogee 2 weeks ago.

I washed once a week and deep condition with lekair cholestrol plus for an hour. Than sprayed braid spray with some vo5 conditioner and infusium 23 every other day. I also use aphogee 2 weeks ago.

Hummm. It sounds like you were doing all the right things to maintain moisture. Do you think it was the stress of being in the twists for six weeks and then the manipulation of taking them out?

Maybe some other naturals have more suggestions.

Sumis, that looks like an awful lot of protein. the choesterol, infusium and aphogee - whoa.

i'd step up the moisturizing conditioners, no protein. Use something like aubrey organics (there's a few others i can't think of atm) and really let it penetrate.

hopefully someone can get in this thread to help you out better than i can.

Hello Sumismommy,

I just wanted to put this out there. I've had a bad experience with pressing my hair and I have massive breakage.
This evening I went to Sally's and purchased Ion's 3-Step Emergency Service and used it for the first time and I have much less breakage than prior to the service.
If you haven't already tried something, this might work for you. You are supposed to use it with every shampoo.

oh and seems like your using alot of protein . In my experiance protein is not as important as moisture with natural hair.

Back