Help Blended Beauty Scent - Please Advise!!!!!!!!

sky035

Formerly Lisaaa Bonet
Hi All,
The last time I ordered BB products was 2 yrs ago when the packaging was different (it had a small girl's face on it). BB products now have new packaging, but I am not sure if the scent has changed also. For anyone who has used this product with the new packaging, without the gir's face on it, can you tell me what this product smells like? This line gave me excellent results but the smell made me want to faint :nono: - I am very sensitive to scents...thanks in advance.

http://www.blendedbeauty.com/I

Hi All,
The last time I ordered BB products was 2 yrs ago when the packaging was different (it had a small girl's face on it). BB products now have new packaging, but I am not sure if the scent has changed also. For anyone who has used this product with the new packaging, without the gir's face on it, can you tell me what this product smells like? This line gave me excellent results but the smell made me want to faint :nono: - I am very sensitive to scents...thanks in advance.

http://www.blendedbeauty.com/I

the scent didn't change. it's the same scent from 2 years ago.

I don't know what it smelled like in the past, but I recently ordered some and it stinks, very gag-worthy.

I love the smell of BB products!!! I haven't smelt the old version but I think the new one smells like cherry bakewell tarts. The smell is very strong and lingers untill the next wash so it isn't good for those who are sensitive to strong smells.

Thanks Sunshine, Amethyst, & Alicia for weighing in. I am experiencing some crazy dryness and nothing seems to be working. I will continue to do my research on this line...thanks again for the advice :yep:. Much appreciated.

She did actually change the scent. It was supposed to be more natural but people didn't like it so it's supposedly changing to something more similar to the old scent.

Here is an e-mail I got.

Dear Valued Blended Beauty Customer,

We wanted to take this opportunity to update you on customer suggestions and how we are listening.

As you know Blended Beauty is determined to provide products that are as natural as possible. A few months ago we switched to an all natural scent. We've had mostly good reviews but many people miss the old scent, even though the new scent is beneficial.

In listening to this request, we wanted to let you know that we will take steps to bring back the old scent but keep it as natural as possible. The old scent was synthetic. We do not wish to have a completely synthetic scent again. Although one that is mostly natural with a small fraction of synthetic fragrance would be a good alternative in our opinion. This scent would be almost identical to the old one but still mostly natural and gentle. We will integrate it over the next few months.

We have also had inquiries and requests for a more natural preservative. It is not possible to use a preservative that is 100% natural unless products are kept in the fridge. But we are happy that we can switch to a preservative that is partially natural. This will also take place over the next few months.

We always appreciate customer suggestions and feedback. Our customers are so very important to us. Always feel free to send in requests and suggests.
Have a Wonderful Day!

She did actually change the scent. It was supposed to be more natural but people didn't like it so it's supposedly changing to something more similar to the old scent.

Here is an e-mail I got.

Hi NaturalGlow, thanks for posting this notice. I was so confused about the scent as I read on another hair board that the scent had indeed changed...but the BB website does not really say anything about it. I would really like to know how different the new scent really is and whether I can tolerate it. I am in Canada and for some reason we do not have the option of ordering samples (what gives?). Anyway, :yep: thanks again.

I have a very sensitive nose and nearly vomited when I put BB in my hair. IT was just too strong and too sweet. That product test lasted about 5 minutes, lol.

I have a very sensitive nose and nearly vomited when I put BB in my hair. IT was just too strong and too sweet. That product test lasted about 5 minutes, lol.

Nubian :lachen:you are too much. I hate being so sensitive to smells, stomach aches, neausea, etc is not nice when it is brought on by a hair product that must be immediately washed out! My poor husband just shakes his head by how sensitive I am.

I actually restocked all of my BB today, and I have some of the old and new scent. The new one seems to be not as strong as the original, but I don't mind it.

Back