Help! Aphogee didn't work!

*ElleB

I got an Aphogee treatment put in on Sat. night. THis morning as I was combing my hair down, I saw all the lil broken hairs all over my shirt! Just like before I did the treatment!!! :mad: :mad: and I'm getting lots of hair in my comb still..

I just read the thread on Pantene Relaxed and Natural Anti-Breakage. So I'm considering picking that up. Aside from that, any suggestions to help me with this breakage??

(COme to think of it I don't think my Aphogee was put in too good. That was my fault, tho. I should have insisted on having put all through my hair, thoroughly. If I try it again, I will get two packs!)

*ElleB said:
I got an Aphogee treatment put in on Sat. night. THis morning as I was combing my hair down, I saw all the lil broken hairs all over my shirt! Just like before I did the treatment!!! :mad: :mad: and I'm getting lots of hair in my comb still..

I just read the thread on Pantene Relaxed and Natural Anti-Breakage. So I'm considering picking that up. Aside from that, any suggestions to help me with this breakage??

(COme to think of it I don't think my Aphogee was put in too good. That was my fault, tho. I should have insisted on having put all through my hair, thoroughly. If I try it again, I will get two packs!)

I just read the same thread!! :)

I don't plan to use Aphogee hardcore treatment anymore...unless nothing else works. After reading the Protein thread, I realized that the "animal protein" that makes your hair hard with Aphogee is not even the best protein for our hair. I'm trying to find treatments with Hydrolyzed Hair Keratin Protein or Silk Protein going forward. Good luck, lady.

*ElleB said:

Maybe it's not a protein issue, but a moisture one. Are you sure protein is what you need?

Lotus said:
Maybe it's not a protein issue, but a moisture one. Are you sure protein is what you need?

this is what I was thinking. is ur hair dry? try to step up your moistue game and see what happens. maybe u can try baggying. and also cut down on the combing. this helped me when i was having breakage.

also did u check out sistaslick and supergirls breakage threads. they are un der the thread at the top "your favorite sticky's"

I totally agree it may be a moisture issue. You can try to deep condition and moisturize daily. If that doesn't help another good protein treatment is nexxus emergencee and it doesn't harden in your hair.

I am going to cosign with everyone here. Give your hair moisture for a couple of washes and see if it helps.

I used to be protein addict and for years I would overdose on protein and not understand why my hair would still break. It wasn't until maybe this year that I realized that my conditioning habits could be to blame. I started using porosity control to even out my cuticle thus helping protect me from manipulation damage and I now use conditioners that help strengthen while giving me hardcore moisture. I have much less breakage now and my hair looks much better. The pantene mask will help with both issues with out tipping you to far on either side. I would also suggest that you do a strand test before each wash for a while. By doing that I have been able to figure my hair's "cycle" with protien. My hair usually shows me signs I need it every 2-3 weeks and I no longer use hardcore protein except with a relaxer application. I mostly stick with milder protein treatments like Elasta-qp breakage control serum, motions silk protein or Aubreys GPB conditioner. When I do a protein treatment now I just use it for a couple of minutes. I don't let it sit long enough for my hair to feel hard. I find it harder to build my moisture levels back up. I prefer having the option to use it again on the next wash and build up to the level I need. - Hope this helps

Thanks! I will DC this weekend!
I laid off the creme moisturizers, (major buildup) and starting moisturizing with oil. Guess it ain't working!

Do not underestimate the power of cholesterol. I have had some big time screw ups with my Joico Kpak and ORS replenishing pak (mild protein).

A bottle of Cholesterol (esp. Queen Helene.. no protein)
1 tablespoon of Coconut Milk (no pulp) and/or Oil
1 Tablespoon or honey
1 TBSP of Olive oil, amla oil, jojoba oil (whateverois you have)
1 TBSP of gycerine.
Do you have any butters, esp. Shea? Melt 2 TBSP of it into the mix. (You can also use Kids Organics Detangling Lotion)
Mix and poor onto head. Sit under hairdryer.
Don't skimp on the glycerine... should work like a charm

I had the same experience. The ApHogee Intensive Keratin Reconstructor worked a lil better, but still didn't leave me with the protien/moisture balance and general health and strength I was looking for.

The change came when I tried Aveda Damage Remedy. The line is pricey, but it's worth every cent! My hair is stronger...zero breakage...and styles better than ever before. You've gotta try it. It's AWESOME.

Chayil

Back