Help! Any weave wearers please respond!!!

auntybe

I have been wearing a weave consistantly since October. It is a full sew-in. My hair is in cornrows underneath. It is styled in bangs and it is layered with the sides chin length and the back is bra strap length.

Okay here's the problem: The hair doesn't lay flat for a long period of time. It puffs up away from my head in the back. I sart or with it sleek in the back and my bangs and the sides have a little volume so you can tell it is razor cut. I have tried flat ironing it with my ceramic iron it looks beautiul when I leave my house but by the time I get to work I look like a lion. I purchased hair that matched the texture of my hair when it is pressed. What else can I do. My co-workers called me Tina Turner and Simba

Thanks in advance,

Auntybe

I'm getting a weave today for the first time and I have a question. Does it in any way damage your hair??? Is there anything I should now before hand?

I'm not sure why it doesn't stay down...it might be how it's sewn in..I'm not sure sorry /images/graemlins/confused.gif. Have you tried to mouse it down or use gel??

Auntybe, I never worn a full weave, but try something that will weight the hair down. A gel, or a "little" oil moisturizer. The only problem is using something like that might make the hair stringy looking. So use very little and just on the top. Also, you might want to cover your head on the way to work if you are out in the weather. Remember what a good foggy day can do to pressed hair?? /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Best to you.

I was thinking that it may be the quality of the hair, since I remember what happened to mine, but if it's the same hair you've had since October, maybe the hair is straightened with some sort of chemical, and the chemical may have run out. I don't know. /images/graemlins/grin.gif But also, it could be the products that you are using on it. Have you changed hair products. If not, is that a new brand/type of hair that you have in your hair now, compared to October? This could all be influences.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
kia said:
I'm getting a weave today for the first time and I have a question. Does it in any way damage your hair??? Is there anything I should know before hand?

[/ QUOTE ]
hie /images/graemlins/wave.gif what you cud do beforehand is try and get yo hair deep conditioned, so that its in its best possible condition before being put up in the weave and dependin on the type of weave you are wearing for example gettin it glued in, is obviously more damagin to the hair than others like sewin BUT then if not taken care of, everything has a potential to pull all yo hair out /images/graemlins/smile.gif

ngaa
p.s. i hope i aint too late

Back