HELP:ANY TECHNIQUE TO MINIMIZE MTG SMELL

Aussie

WELCOMEEEEE MY LOVELY HAIR SISTERS. I JUST GOT A BOTTLE OF MTG TODAY AND I HAVE NOT OPENED IT YET, BECAUSE OF THE FEAR OF THE SMELL. I ORDERED IT FOR THE WONDERFRUL :)HAIR GROWTH THAT IS ASSOCIATED WITH IT, HOWEVER I WANT TO FIND WAYS TO MINIMIZE THE SMELL SO I WONT BE WALKIN AROUND SMELLING LIKE JULY 4TH BAR-B-QUES.

IS THERE A REAL WAY TO MINIMIZE THE SMELL, IF SO WHAT HELPS?

ALSO, WHAT DO YOU PUT ON YOUR HAIR AFTER YOU APPLY IT TO KEEP THE OIL LOCKED IN(IE. NO DRIPS, OR GREASE TRAILS)?:confused:

........... ( PS. I JUST GOT ON THE SITE TODAY)

i've used rosemary extract. apply the MTG to the scalp only. i reused an old WGO bottle.

as far as the hair...you want to be light handed so you won't have a drip drip issue. i would massage it into your scalp also. helps with the smell as well as the drip factor!

i've used rosemary extract. apply the MTG to the scalp only. i reused an old WGO bottle.

as far as the hair...you want to be light handed so you won't have a drip drip issue. i would massage it into your scalp also. helps with the smell as well as the drip factor!

thanks alot!!! i have rosemary essential oil. is that the same as the extract? also how many drops do u put in to a mix of MTG

Believe it or not, I use the scented boundless tresses w. my MTG and I have no smell.:lol: I love both products.:lol:

Im so sorry I couldnt be of help--- I tried vanilla but I have to admit it really ended up smelling like vanilla flavored bacon :( lol

But I had to reply just to say :eek: YOUR HAIR IS SO BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Anyway, thats all lol, hope you get that mTG thing figured out

thanks to all. i found a solution that knocked the smell right out, while adding special essentials of their own.

Using a 8 oz applicator bottle (can be found at hair stores):

.50 oz rosemary essential oil
.50 oz lavendar essential oil (this overpowered the smell the most)
.20 oz ylang ylang oil
.20 oz peppermint oil
(shake it up) then add:
.50 oz Jojoba Oil
filled the rest of the bottle wit MTG...... (the bacon smell is GONE... all i smell is the essential oils.)

from the responses ppl give about the odor.... i think ill take an essential oil smelling head any day!

hope this helps anyone:D

Sorry I can't help... When I do use MTG, I use it straight, no chaser. The smell is not good, but it's not that bad too me. Plus it's mostly gone by the morning for me.

Good luck!

Back