HELP: Any styles for air-dried chin-length hair?

itismehmmkay

So, I really wish I could just leave my hair alone and let it grow. Lately, I've been air-drying my hair w/ Infusium 23 Leave-In and laid down w/ a scarf. Afterwards, I've been using a chi-iron and curling iron.

It's too much heat and doesn't seem worth it.

So, I want to see what I can do w/ just air-dried hair. Here, I'd lay off the heat and can possibly wash more often.

But what styles are there? I'm worried about just looking crazy w/ my hair slicked back while at work.

Any suggestions?

Oh, and I'm tired of rollersets. I'm thinking that they're breaking my hair. I just want to leave it alone...is that possible w/ relaxed AA hair?

itismehmmkay said:
So, I really wish I could just leave my hair alone and let it grow. Lately, I've been air-drying my hair w/ Infusium 23 Leave-In and laid down w/ a scarf. Afterwards, I've been using a chi-iron and curling iron.

It's too much heat and doesn't seem worth it.

So, I want to see what I can do w/ just air-dried hair. Here, I'd lay off the heat and can possibly wash more often.

But what styles are there? I'm worried about just looking crazy w/ my hair slicked back while at work.

Any suggestions?

Oh, and I'm tired of rollersets. I'm thinking that they're breaking my hair. I just want to leave it alone...is that possible w/ relaxed AA hair?

Bumping this for you!

Thanks girly...bumping, too.

I've been thinking that I might do a some-up/some-down french roll thing and just keep my hair oiled and layed down at night.

I'm excited because if I can just find a decent everyday style to get through this growth period (until I can just do a bun), I'd be set.

Also, I don't want to do a fake bun because the teeth break my hair and I just don't want to do the fake hair thing.

itismehmmkay said:
Thanks girly...bumping, too.

I've been thinking that I might do a some-up/some-down french roll thing and just keep my hair oiled and layed down at night.

I'm excited because if I can just find a decent everyday style to get through this growth period (until I can just do a bun), I'd be set.

Also, I don't want to do a fake bun because the teeth break my hair and I just don't want to do the fake hair thing.

You're welcome hon!!! I was going to suggest rollersets, but I see that you're tired of those. Have you tried rollerset with the really small rollers (yellow ones). This will give you kind of strawset look.

I have an updo in my album that I normally do when I'm tired of fooling with my hair. Check it out!

Back