help a sista out

meka

Will you knowledgeble ladies please help me out. I got a relaxer on December 23 and yesterday i noticed the hair in the middle and back of my head was very rough. I had little hairs every where and it feels like straw. I shampooed and deep conditioned with Humectress and it still looks and feels a mess. And combing it is horrendous. It feels like the comb is a lawnmower and my hair is a some grass in Arizona in July. Any advice or suggestions are welcomed. Thanks in advance.

I just want to say Humectress isn't for everyone. Some have great results with it and others don't.

Hopefully you will get more responses to help you out.

Do you think that section could have been over-proccessed? I would try using different products than what you are now and see if there is a change.

Sounds like it might be a little overprocessed- I would definitely try Aphogee's treament for Damaged hair in this case-to strenthen it, I like pantene's relaxed and natural as the moisterizer afterwards though, I think it makes hair feel silkier/better than Aphogees balanced moisterizer

Before you wash apply castor oil to hair, sit under a hooded dryer with a plastic cap on for 10 mins wash hair
with a creme of nature shampoo the green bottle X2
then i apply mazzani ( love this makes hair look and feel, soft & healthy) moisture fuse conditioner sometimes on its own or mixed with jojo K pack reconstructor. sit under a hooded dryer with a cap on for 20min.
rinse, apply a 1/4 size amout of jojba oil & a leave in conditioner. roller set as this avoids direct heat on already stressed hair.
Good luck, this works for me , the longest part of my hair is about 15 inches long.
P/S try a deep condition at least X2 a week, using protien once a month.

[ QUOTE ]
jerseygal said:
Before you wash apply castor oil to hair, sit under a hooded dryer with a plastic cap on for 10 mins wash hair
with a creme of nature shampoo the green bottle X2
then i apply mazzani ( love this makes hair look and feel, soft & healthy) moisture fuse conditioner sometimes on its own or mixed with jojo K pack reconstructor. sit under a hooded dryer with a cap on for 20min.
rinse, apply a 1/4 size amout of jojba oil & a leave in conditioner. roller set as this avoids direct heat on already stressed hair.
Good luck, this works for me , the longest part of my hair is about 15 inches long.
P/S try a deep condition at least X2 a week, using protien once a month.

[/ QUOTE ]

You go girl!
wink.gif

Thank you guys so much for your replies. I am a little hair stupid so I don't know too much. But i dont think that it was overprocessed becuase I burn quicker in the back so I always start in the front because my hair is thicker in that area, so the relaxer may have stayed on the back 5-7 minutes. My hair is not easily relaxed and it is 4b hair. But if anyone else has anything to add, it is welcomed. I will try anything.

Back