Help 911 Emergency!!!!!!

coconifah

A natural girl living in an unnatural world
So... Ive had a section of my hair dyed for a little over a year. I only did a section because ive always been scared of dye. When it was done I loved it>>>>moving forward I stopped going to that stylist and found a new place, at this point the color is fading and growing out so now im ready for something new. Again I loved it. Now its about to be fall and my big 40 bday and figure lets go BOLD and i wanted a blonde color. So now I go to someone who I have known and trusted with my hair for yearrrrrrrrssssss(I always heard blonde was serious so thats why i decided to go to this person) Anywho.... she tells me she has to lift the color because it had red and blah blah blah so basically we had to do this in 2 processes(2 appts) no problem. First step done great, second step DISASTER!!!!!! I was watching my hair come out, i started freaking out. She said the lift(or whatever) was too strong for my hair. She proceeded to style it and then suggested that I cut the top in layers(thats what section has the dye) I said absolutly NOT. She pressed it and i pulled it back into a ponytail. Now my hair just feels hard. What can i use. Heellllllllpppppp

So... Ive had a section of my hair dyed for a little over a year. I only did a section because ive always been scared of dye. When it was done I loved it>>>>moving forward I stopped going to that stylist and found a new place, at this point the color is fading and growing out so now im ready for something new. Again I loved it. Now its about to be fall and my big 40 bday and figure lets go BOLD and i wanted a blonde color. So now I go to someone who I have known and trusted with my hair for yearrrrrrrrssssss(I always heard blonde was serious so thats why i decided to go to this person) Anywho.... she tells me she has to lift the color because it had red and blah blah blah so basically we had to do this in 2 processes(2 appts) no problem. First step done great, second step DISASTER!!!!!! I was watching my hair come out, i started freaking out. She said the lift(or whatever) was too strong for my hair. She proceeded to style it and then suggested that I cut the top in layers(thats what section has the dye) I said absolutly NOT. She pressed it and i pulled it back into a ponytail. Now my hair just feels hard. What can i use. Heellllllllpppppp

OMG!!! That sucks!!! Did your stylist use protein after dyeing your hair? Your stylist should have done a patch test 1st prior to putting any bleach in your hair; especially if this is your 1st time using bleach. If she didn't use protein after dyeing your hair then you will def need to do a protein treatment.

I would clarify, then use a med protein and then DC. Do not use any direct heat b/c that will continue to break your hair off. Then the following week, switch to a harder protein if necessary. I usually don't go for a hard protein, b/c protein overload can be a pain. I just use a med protein either every 2wks or once a month depending on my hair needs.

With that said, you may have to face the fact that you may have to cut your hair. But see if you can nurse it back to health before cutting.

Good Luck!!!!!

Last edited:
OMG!!! That sucks!!! Did your stylist use protein after dyeing your hair? Your stylist should have done a patch test 1st prior to putting any bleach in your hair; especially if this is your 1st time using bleach. If she didn't use protein after dyeing your hair then you will def need to do a protein treatment.

I would clarify, then use a med protein and then DC. Do not use any direct heat b/c that will continue to break your hair off. Then the following week, switch to a harder protein if necessary. I usually don't go for a hard protein, b/c protein overload can be a pain. I just use a med protein either every 2wks or once a month depending on my hair needs.

With that said, you may have to face the fact that you may have to cut your hair. But see if you can nurse it back to health before cutting.

Good Luck!!!!!
No protein and no patch test

Ugggg i went to a differnt stylist that i have been to many times and i let her layer the damaged part and got a treatment. It feels much better now. Mad I had to cut it and i hate layers but healthy hair is better Thanks for the responses ladies

Olaplex is good (I brought the No.3 from a salon); also, you can try Aphogee Two Step Protein (also follow with the Moisturizing Conditioner) or Joico Revitaluxe too. These products work amazingly. I have been through the same thing as you. You're going to have to stay away from heat tools, baby, and treat your hair back. Find a low maintain style and treat it back too health. A stylist (some are good at understanding this and others are not) has to be careful with texture hair, because our hair is the most fragile and dries texture. What I learn is professional color won't damage your hair (professional color stops processing over a period of time). It is the lightener (bleach) that will damage it (like chemical relaxers). She shouldn't have done a double process. Quick results could mean bad results sometimes (Yeah, I learn from this). She should of lighten it than wait at least a month or two do the service again (A stylist told me this, but I didn't want to listen and get a light hair color). What I know is double processing is good for virgin hair or super healthy hair that can handle it.

Last edited:
Olaplex is good (I brought the No.3 from a salon); also, you can try Aphogee Two Step Protein (also follow with the Moisturizing Conditioner) or Joico Revitaluxe too. These products work amazingly. I have been through the same thing as you. You're going to have to stay away from heat tools, baby, and treat your hair back. Find a low maintain style and treat it back too health. A stylist (some are good at understanding this and others are not) has to be careful with texture hair, because our hair is the most fragile and dries texture. What I learn is professional color won't damage your hair (professional color stops processing over a period of time). It is the lightener (bleach) that will damage it (like chemical relaxers). She shouldn't have done a double process. Quick results could mean bad results sometimes (Yeah, I learn from this). She should of lighten it than wait at least a month or two do the service again (A stylist told me this, but I didn't want to listen and get a light hair color). What I know is double processing is good for virgin hair or super healthy hair that can handle it.
Thanks so much for the information. Now that the damage part is cut, im going to just get a treatment weekly(on the stylist free of charge) no heat and protective styles.

Back