Hello, Thanks, and Reggie Question

BoaterGirlKim

Hi sisters! I'm new to the site and am thankful to everyone who takes the time to share their knowledge on the boards. I'm on the path to regaining my once healthy head of hair thanks to you all. I believe years of anti-inflammatory meds in the past to manage carpal tunnel took a toll on my once near-BSL, now earlobe to shaved-in-back length hair.

I guess I officially started the hair journey last Wednesday (after Optimum perming and dusting ends a few days prior) with a Moisture Silk Plus Deep Condition which my hair loved and had lots of slip. I went on MN the next day (4% CVS brand). I did Motions Moisture Plus deep conditon this week - okay but result not as good. I'm wet wrapping for a short Cleopatra style (Isoplus Wrap, a little Ampro brown gel, comb out Isoplus spray sheen as oils like Kemi weigh down with no movement). Added Nexxus Therappe and Humectress, VO5 moisture milks for my first cowash, Pantene Clarifying (another first), Elasta QP Moisturizer, and will add Keracare Foam Wrap regular on my way home tonight. Before all of this, I was just a Optimum Poo/Con with wrap lotion leave-in kinda girl.

Anywhoo, my regimen question is really about how often - clarify, shampoo/condition, deep condition, cowash, etc. for a 4 a/b relaxed, permanent-colored head (grays) recovering from massive breakage. Also, are you supposed to deep condition after cowash? How often is too often to relax? I can't even think about pre-poo yet!

Thanks sisters! :wave:

Kim

Back