Hello, question please

Compassion

First of all hello. I am new, and so thankful that I found this site. It really does grate on my nerves, when my hair dressor acts like taking care of my hair is such a BIG secret. She does not help me with products, hides the bottles she uses, and seems to do all that she can to keep me coming back and spending tons of money. My hair is thinner than it has ever been, and she trims it constantly. I am frustrated. /images/graemlins/frown.gif I am tired of going from hair dressor to hairdressor. Lastly, I am on the verge of getting diabetes (per my doctor). My dad has it, so does his mother, and his father and grandmother died from it. Sooo, that's why I am here. I need to know what those of you who exercise on a regular basis, do with your hair when you are finished?? I love to exercise, but haven't because I don't want to come out looking like a ********. I work at a law firm, and they AIN'T having that. But I really care more about how I look, than what they think where I work. I have type 4 neck length hair, that is relaxed. I can put it in a clip I suppose. I just hate how salty it gets, and how it looks afterward. I go to the hair dressor weekly. I would love to wash my hair on my own. I just don't know what to do with it after working out. I can't roller set well, and I don't want heat on my hair alot. It really needs more moisture than anything. So, my problem is twofold. I hope someone can help me. If this question has already been asked, I apologize. I have been reading the post trying to find an answer to this question, but haven't had any luck. Thank you kindly for any responses.

Peace and many blessings,
Compassion

Welcome to the board Compassion!! I can't help you with your request, but welcome anyway!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hi Compassion,

Welcome to the board! /images/graemlins/smile.gif A lot of the woman do conditioning washes after their workouts. Maybe you could start doing the ponytail after you do your work outs. You could use a curl activator and the little baggie to protect your ends and then wear a ponytail. Check out Adrienne's pictures and you'll see an example of how she does this. HTH /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Welcome to the board /images/graemlins/grin.gif,

How would your firm feel about cornrows. I'm talking about 10 cornrows to the back and forming a ball--very conservative. -----or-----

You can do condition washes or herbal/acv rinses after your work-out and style a clip-on pony tail

Thanks so much ladies for the suggestions! Hotchocolate, I would love to do the corn rolls. However, my sides are sorta thin. I believe my sides were really worked hard when I was a child and getting braids and rubber band styles. They really have not rebounded since. So sadly, braids are not an option for me. I will gladly check out the information on the pony tail and activator usage Pebbles, I appreciate that. /images/graemlins/smile.gif Nita thanks for the warm welcome.

Thanks again,

Compassion

compassion,

welcome to the board /images/graemlins/wink.gif,

i work out too and there were days when it used to get on my nerves too.
my hair is bra strap length and the drying time is getting on my nerves too so the conditioning washes are not for me.
i work out about 4-5 times a week and i wash my hair every three days. after working out i just put some leave in in it and put it in a braid (or two braids) and just go. i know that it is salty but there is no way that i could wash or rinse my hair every day.

also i agree with pebbles and hotchocolate. the ponytail method and the cornrows are pretty good options for you.
i would really recommend the conditioner washes for you. and then the ponytail method. it is soo easy and real good for your hair. never forget to put some leave in moisturizer in your hair after the conditioner wash.
also when you do the pony tail method you can either comb all of your hair to the back or you can side or middle part it. however you like it. but you HAVE to make sure that your hair is laying smooth. a fine tooth comb can do the trick.

good luck /images/graemlins/smirk.gif
nay.

Here's what I do(I'm on the conservative side myself). I shampoo or rinse, mix about a teaspoon of an oil(olive, coconut or whatever you want...I use my own pmade melted down...) mix this with a moisturizing conditioner and leave this in...and use your hands to smooth down the front of your hair and pull it back into a low, loose bun. I also apply a generous amount of Carol's Daughter Healthy Hair Butter, but I shampoo or rinse at least 3-4 times a week(don't use this if you don't because it is heavy). Then let it air dry(it may take awhile, but I don't mind I figure it needs the moisture). I do this all the time(I'm wearing my hair like that now) after I exercise. The salt ruined my hair when I was relaxed and even now I get more shedding if I don't at least rinse afterwards, even though I'm not relaxed anymore. After that put on a little makeup(focus on your lips), smooth down the hair line and go.

Compassion,
I don't work out, but I do work in a corporate environment. Because I just don't have time in the morning - I wear my hair up all the time. The suggestions given above were great and coupled with those I was thinking of quick and easy styles that would go with them. You could try twisting your hair, for example - I have all my hair combed to one side and twisted in one big flat twist or even one french braid down the back or to the side would work too. Or you could just pin up and go. The pony tail is an excellent suggestion. Experiment and see what happens. Good luck. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Back