Hello Ladies!! *NEWBIE Here!*

Crystalicequeen123

Hey everyone!

I'm new to this board. After lurking on this forum for about 2 months, I FINALLY figured out how to post on this board! I must be slow. LOL*

Anyway, I think that the advice and the progress you ladies have been making is awesome! You all have really inspired me to grow healthier, longer hair. /images/graemlins/clap.gif

I guess I should introduce myself: I'm in my early twenties, and I still go to school. (in fact, I think another poster said they go to the University of Maryland too! Go terps!! I think it was JenniferMD) I've been trying to grow my hair out for a year now, but I didn't really get serious about it until June of this year. My type 4a/b hair is relaxed, and unfortunately I've had a relaxer since I was about 10 years old. I say "unfortunately" because I was way too young to know how to care for relaxed hair at the time. Even in middle school and high school I abused my hair. I would curl it with the curling iron every day (crazy I know!), and I would NEVER wash my own hair until my next relaxer (eeeewwww)for fear of my hair getting "wet" and "kinky again", so my hair would stink. Plus, I wore extention braids in my hair often too... It's a wonder I still have hair on my head!! LOL* /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

It wasn't until college that I really started to read books on AA hair, and how it was not a "myth" that black women's hair (yes even relaxed hair) can grow to great lengths, and be HEALTHY!!

So...you women have REALLY inspired me, and I'm SOOO happy to be a member of this board!! Feel free to ask me any questions. I will post my regimen in my signature as soon as I figure out how to do that. lol* /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Welcome!! /images/graemlins/wave.gif

You can go to your home page and scroll down to where it says edit click there and find the box where it says signature to add a siggy to your posts.

Welcome Crystalic /images/graemlins/wave.gif! To post in your signature, go to the link titled "My Home" in the top left hand corner, then scroll down and click on the "Edit" link next to "Personal information". Halfway through that page, you will see the box to add a signature. Looking forward to reading your regimen--good luck!

Thanks for the welcome guys. I had a whole bunch of info in my signature for my hair regimen, but that silly thing doesn't let you put in much info at all! I had to keep on deleting information! haha

Welcome /images/graemlins/wave.gif You should come to the meeting this Sat. check the meetings area for details.

40.gif

Welcome /images/graemlins/wave.gif

So glad to have you here! You'll really learn a lot from the ladies on this site. The advice is invaluable!!!
SG

[ QUOTE ]
Crystalicqueen123 said:
I've been trying to grow my hair out for a year now, but I didn't really get serious about it until June of this year. My type 4a/b hair is relaxed, and unfortunately I've had a relaxer since I was about 10 years old. I say "unfortunately" because I was way too young to know how to care for relaxed hair at the time. Even in middle school and high school I abused my hair. I would curl it with the curling iron every day (crazy I know!), and I would NEVER wash my own hair until my next relaxer (eeeewwww)for fear of my hair getting "wet" and "kinky again", so my hair would stink. Plus, I wore extention braids in my hair often too... It's a wonder I still have hair on my head!! LOL* /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I can totally relate to everything u said here. I'm glad that I found this forum too! I'm also glad that you can be apart of it too! Can't wait to see pics of your hair progress! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Back