Hello, I am new....sort of...

tsiporah

Shalom (peace),

I am a returning member to the forum, waay back before the henna band wagon and when used to be part of the 365 day challenge on Yahoo back in the day. :)

My hair currently is about upper bra-clasp but since it grows into a V, the V part it just now inching past the clasp area.
  • My second goal is waist length
  • Third goal is tail bone
  • Then onward
  • My ultimate goal is to be able to sit on my hair and wipe the feet of my Messiah (like the woman with alabaster box)!:notworthy
I have been natural since the early to mid 90's. I have been using henna for some time now and other East Indian products. Myhair type is about 4a/3c. will ALOT of sheen. I have not used heat in my hair since May 2004.

I have plenty to share.

Tsiporah

Hi Tsiporah, we have the same hair type :up: I'm no where near BSL (yet ;) )but I'm interested in hearing about your techniques/regimen and the products you use to achieve your length. :)

Todah (thanks) gals.

Well this is what I do. I tried to do the siggy but I din't think it fit.

Henna: I do this once a week with Rajasthani Henna by Ayur (this pack has 200g for 2.99 at a local Indian Grocer. I use 100g) I use coconut oil, organic apple cider vinegar, and tea tree oil to release that auburn/burgundy translucent color. My hair is blackish naturally. Since I already wear 9 double strand twist as a hairstyle, I squeeze from the bottle(I mix and pour into bottle) my henna on the scalp and then take each section loose and apply to length then twist back up.

Wash: I do this once a week when I do henna. When I rinse out most of the henna I then apply the shikakai to the scalp and massage with fleshy fingertips and let sit for 5-10 min. Then I rinse.

Conditioning: I use J/A/S/O/N/S conditioners to help rinse bits out. I also let it sit in each section of hair while I shower myself the rinse out by each section when I am done. The section by section approach insure ALOT less breaking and snapping and not tangles.

Moisture: I use a Veg. Glycerine and rose water mix. and spritz it into the hair. I do touch it up once a week.

Scalp/growth: I like to use Castor oil, Almondol, coconut oil, I will be adding Shikakai oil from local grocer.

I always keep my hair in double standed twists. I never to twist outs and I hadn't used heat since 2004.

Because of my Hebraic beliefs I veil my hair everyday. A good plus is that it is always protected.

I take no major vits. But I do take Flax Seed oil by the tablespoon. Barleans has the mildest flavor.

Shalom,
Tsiporah

first of all, welcome, tsiporah!!!
secondly - any idea when you're gonna put out a tutorial on henna-ing? hahahaaaa!!!
i know i'm rushing you, but what you are doing is EXACTLY what i wanted to do with henna...i mean, i would love some measurements and, like, how long you keep the henna in...how has it benefitted your hair and even the color you have now.

welcome back, again!

tsiporah said:
Todah (thanks) gals.

Well this is what I do. I tried to do the siggy but I din't think it fit.

Henna: I do this once a week with Rajasthani Henna by Ayur (this pack has 200g for 2.99 at a local Indian Grocer. I use 100g) I use coconut oil, organic apple cider vinegar, and tea tree oil to release that auburn/burgundy translucent color. My hair is blackish naturally. Since I already wear 9 double strand twist as a hairstyle, I squeeze from the bottle(I mix and pour into bottle) my henna on the scalp and then take each section loose and apply to length then twist back up.

Wash: I do this once a week when I do henna. When I rinse out most of the henna I then apply the shikakai to the scalp and massage with fleshy fingertips and let sit for 5-10 min. Then I rinse.

Conditioning: I use J/A/S/O/N/S conditioners to help rinse bits out. I also let it sit in each section of hair while I shower myself the rinse out by each section when I am done. The section by section approach insure ALOT less breaking and snapping and not tangles.

Moisture: I use a Veg. Glycerine and rose water mix. and spritz it into the hair. I do touch it up once a week.

Scalp/growth: I like to use Castor oil, Almondol, coconut oil, I will be adding Shikakai oil from local grocer.

I always keep my hair in double standed twists. I never to twist outs and I hadn't used heat since 2004.

Because of my Hebraic beliefs I veil my hair everyday. A good plus is that it is always protected.

I take no major vits. But I do take Flax Seed oil by the tablespoon. Barleans has the mildest flavor.

Shalom,
Tsiporah

Thank You :up:

Okie dokie a tutorial:

When I henna, I keep it in for atleast two hours or so, depending on what I have to do that day.

I keep it up in a processing cap and I do sit under heat for 1/2 hour sometime within that time period.

1. I use 100g of henna
2. a couple of table spoons or coconut oil or sometimes, castor oil.
3. Apple Cider Vinegar (organic by Bragg's) and Tea tree oil to release the dye.
4. add water to mix to a yogurt-like consistency.
5.mix, mix,mix.
6. let it sit over night.
Apply it the next day.

My hair naturally is very dark that it is black.

The translucent color I have is a auburn/burgundy.

Benefits:

My hair has LOTS of shine, very smooth down the strands, no breakage, very strong. Very very soft, and is even softer when I use my veg. glycerine mix. And apply Castor oil over that to seal in moisture.

The shikakai powder that I use as a paste helps further strengthen the roots of the hair.

Unfortunately, I do not have a digital camera. I will invest in one in the future but no time soon. :o(

I have not put heat in my hair since 2004 so I wouldn't know what it looks like straightened. I love my hair natural.

tsiporah said:
Okie dokie a tutorial:

When I henna, I keep it in for atleast two hours or so, depending on what I have to do that day.

I keep it up in a processing cap and I do sit under heat for 1/2 hour sometime within that time period.

1. I use 100g of henna
2. a couple of table spoons or coconut oil or sometimes, castor oil.
3. Apple Cider Vinegar (organic by Bragg's) and Tea tree oil to release the dye.
4. add water to mix to a yogurt-like consistency.
5.mix, mix,mix.
6. let it sit over night.
Apply it the next day.

My hair naturally is very dark that it is black.

The translucent color I have is a auburn/burgundy.

Benefits:

My hair has LOTS of shine, very smooth down the strands, no breakage, very strong. Very very soft, and is even softer when I use my veg. glycerine mix. And apply Castor oil over that to seal in moisture.

The shikakai powder that I use as a paste helps further strengthen the roots of the hair.

Unfortunately, I do not have a digital camera. I will invest in one in the future but no time soon. :o(

I have not put heat in my hair since 2004 so I wouldn't know what it looks like straightened. I love my hair natural.
thank you very, very much...you ROCK!!!!

Hey sis!! I did my first henna last month, and am sitting here with henna on my head right now...I'm going to have to visit your Indian store on the west side once this snow breaks. The stores I found on the east side don't seem to have everything I've been looking for.

Back