Hello Everyone!

devin

I just wanted to introduce myself and ask a question about my hair. My name is Devin and I am from Houston, Tx. I have been looking at all the great information on this site and am interested in starting a regimen for my hair. I have read the newcomer's guide to starting out which has been extremely helpful along with tons of other threads. Sad to say I have never really given enough attention to my hair as I have always left that up to my beautician. My hair is shoulder length and has been stunted in growth for about a year or more. I go to beauty shop once every two weeks and at home I just started using Pantene Pro V shampoo and conditioner for colored hair. I was using Mizani perm and now I let my stylist perm my hair and she uses Design. I colored my hair about 7 months ago and had my last rinse about 4 months ago. My hair started breaking around the ends about the same time, but as of now I can't see any further breakage. I do a deep conditioner with the pantene conditioner and a hot oil treatment and that's about it. I wanted to go out tomorrow and buy some things for my hair so that I can grow it to about bra length. Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong and what I need to do to fix it? TIA!

welcome!

If it is not breaking anymore, just giving it time and TLC will be enough. There are so many things that people here do to speed up growth, but I think starting with a good diet, drinking lots of water and keeping your hair moisturized and protected will help you retain length.

I used to have the breakage problem, too, but I have not at all and I see pretty good progress. I think that conditioning and moisture have saved my hair from more breakage.

I have used a million products only to narrow it down to 3 or 4 that actually work well for my hair.

Co-signing to HoneyDew's advice! I am currently experiening breakage/split ends:( :mad:. I ask a question yesterday and got some AMAZING responses. If you go to the search part at the top of the fourm and type in 'breakage' it should pop up. HTHS

Before I forget, welcom to the forum Devin!:)

HoneyDew said:
welcome!

If it is not breaking anymore, just giving it time and TLC will be enough. There are so many things that people here do to speed up growth, but I think starting with a good diet, drinking lots of water and keeping your hair moisturized and protected will help you retain length.

I used to have the breakage problem, too, but I have not at all and I see pretty good progress. I think that conditioning and moisture have saved my hair from more breakage.

I have used a million products only to narrow it down to 3 or 4 that actually work well for my hair.

Hi devin, I'm a newbie too and trying to find a regime that works for me and stop breakage. Its a process of trial and error. I justed wanted to let you know you wasn't alone. Welcome to LHCF!

welcome, devin.

For breakage- i use anky's dominican cocktail of miss keys 10 en 1, rivas silicon mix and emergencia. You can also add jherri rhedding's 100% natural protein conditioner for a little more protein.

For shedding- i use nutrine garlic shampoo and conditioner.

i am natural so i use a glycerin/water/aloe juice/eo spritz for moisture.

I use rosemary oil currently diluted in coconut oil as my growth stimulator.

i use castor oil or jamaica black castor oil on my ends/scalp-twice a week as an pre-shampoo/ends treatment.

Hope this helps somewhat.

thank you so much, that does help.:)

carameldiva said:
welcome, devin.

For breakage- i use anky's dominican cocktail of miss keys 10 en 1, rivas silicon mix and emergencia. You can also add jherri rhedding's 100% natural protein conditioner for a little more protein.

i use castor oil or jamaica black castor oil on my ends/scalp-twice a week as an pre-shampoo/ends treatment.

cosigning with caramel diva. You need protein to combat breakage especially with colored hair, you would need to follow the protein with some moisturizing conditioner and would would be fine. You might need to experiment a little to find the right protein/moisture ballance that you need to keep your hair breakfree. Hope this helps.

carameldiva said:
welcome, devin.

i have a question about the nutrine garlic shampoo. does it matter if it's the scented or unscented shampoo?

carameldiva said:
welcome, devin.

do you or anyone for that matter know of any dominican bss or salons that sell the products here in Houston, before i order online?

carameldiva said:
welcome, devin.

Back