Hello Everyone, I am New To The Forum

Chocodiva

Hello my name is Chocodiva and I am new to the forum. I am a 4B with about 7-9 inches of natural hair (I have been natural now for about 9 years). I admit, I have been lurking for quite some time (getting excellent hair tips) and I finally decided that it was time to introduce myself to you all (I would like to comment on how nice you all are to each other; that is very refreshing).

Lets see, the longest my hair has ever been was a little bit past my shoulders (and that was when i was in the 8th grade). So I dont really know if it would be possible to grow my hair long, but I am willing to try. To be truthful, I would prefer my hair to be thick, healthy and strong as opposed to just having the length.

Currently, I wash my hair once a week. I shampoo with Creme of Nature Detangling Shampoo, Deep condition with ORS Hair mayonnaise, and to soften I spray a glycerin/water/conditioner combination to my hair. I am requesting your help in helping me to find a good moisturizing conditioner as well as a detangling spray.

In the way of vitamins I take 5mg of biotin, 4.25g (4000mg) of MSM (in powder form), vitamin E, B complex, a multivitamin, and 1000 mg of cod liver oil (for the winter, not part of hair regimen. Please, I am open to any suggestions or recommendations to additional vitamins that I should be taking for hair health and growth.

I think that's it for now. I will be sure to post again if there is anything that I left out. I get the feeling that I am going to like it here, you all seem like a great group of people.

Welcome Chocodiva /images/graemlins/bouncy.gif
Hope this forum helps you as much as it has helped me /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Karima

Hey ChocoDiva :waves:

WELCOME TO THE FORUM /images/graemlins/bouncy.gif

Your supplement regimen looks like a winner to me /images/graemlins/smile.gif Glad you'ved joined and...

Happy Hair Growing /images/graemlins/party2.gif

Welcome Chocodiva!! /images/graemlins/wave.gif Welcome to our home. You have some really good products there and the vitamins look good too. You'll have lots of fun here and I believe you can grow your hair as long as you'd like. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

/images/graemlins/drunk.gifWelcome to the board. Chocodiva.. You will definitely like it here.. /images/graemlins/grin.gif A good moisturizing conditioner is Pantene Smooth & Sleek. I also use Thermasilk Heat Activated Moisturizing conditioner.

Hi ChocoaDiva /images/graemlins/wave.gif

Another natural...that's wonderful. 9 years? That's a long time. I can't wait to get to that point.

Welcome Chocodiva! I agree with Titansgirl on the Pantene Smooth and Sleek. It's great at detangling after you have shampooed too. I also have luck with Elucence Moisture Balancing. I keep a spray bottle of distilled water and jojoba oil to mist with when my hair starts to dry out during the day.

Chocodiva, (publicy welcoming you /images/graemlins/laugh.gif )

Welcome to the board /images/graemlins/clap.gif I hope the spreadsheet was of help to you /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Back