Hello Everybody!

imanc84

Iman here, I have beed registered on this site for over a year and never actually subsribed until this morning. My mom passed away last month and she had extremly gorgeous hair... I want to grow my hair in honor of her. I am definitely a "newbie" and am just figuring out how to maneuver this forum. Any help would be wonderful.
I want to thank everyone for being there for me with my hair care issues in advance. I mean it will just not grow past that point you see in the picture. :drunk::drunk::drunk:
I moved to florida about four years ago from NY and I didn't have access to the dominican hair salon that I used to. my hair was also used to the change of seasons and the humidity is killing my hair. I started to DIY within the past few months and I have no clue of how to co-wash. I don't know how to search and I tried the search tutorial but don't even have the first link she was talking about. PLEASE someone HELP a rookie out...I will post pics of my hair... ps. I wrap my hair most night and use a silk scarf, but it still sheds like crazy. I have mega thick hair and have begun using DR. Miracles relaxer at home. I will stop babbling now and I hope I can have BSL hair by next year summer. :grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin: I know it is going to take hard work, but I am ready to have hair that people en-v!

~Although we can't go back and change how we started our journey in life,
we can start today and change how it ends~

Welcome!!

My best advice is to take it slow, read as MUCH as you can, and learn to listen to your hair...... :yep:

I just wanted to say welcome. I am sorry for your loss. The best way to use the search is to use the Advanced Search feature. You said you had some shedding. I would be careful with Dr. Miracles. I use to use the relaxer and had shedding and breakage problems.

:welcome2:

That's one of the best reasons I've ever heard to grow your hair long :yep: I'm sure you'll do it!

Thanks again Ladies... Two more things: what is stretching for real and what is my hair type?
ps. I underprocessed my hair last week and am having hell to pay for that! what shall i do to keep it okay for at least 6 weeks until i can again?:perplexed

I just wanted to say welcome. I am sorry for your loss. The best way to use the search is to use the Advanced Search feature. You said you had some shedding. I would be careful with Dr. Miracles. I use to use the relaxer and had shedding and breakage problems.
I figured it out the search FINALLY! what product for relaxing do you think I should use?Thanks:circle:

Hi Iman! I am very sorry to hear about your mama, I bet she was an angel. I know my mama is also my best friend so I can only imagine how you must miss her. My heart is touched that you would grow out your hair in honor of your mother and for yourself as well. co-washes are just using some Suave/VO5/White Rain/Herbal Essences conditioner on your hair and rinsing it out (in the shower) after 5-10 minutes or whatever. I wish I could suggest a good product for the humidity but I dont wear my hair out and haven't had to deal with it (I protective style and wear wigs). I know some ladies love sabino moisture block though. [when you click on search tool it opens up the option to use the advance search, just go ahead and use the advanced search.] I know you will reach all your goals from this day forward and your hair will grow into a beautiful en-v magnet with each passing month.
HHG!

WELCOME!!!!
firstly, I am very sorry to hear of the loss of your Mom. I lost my Mom 6 years ago and it still hurts.

secondly, you have come to the right place for growing luscious, long, healthy, shiny hair that your Mother would be proud of. The ladies here are very knowledgeable friendly and encouraging.

Now on to your hair. The first thing that I would suggest is to get a clean trim so that you can start with fresh solid ends. and keep them moisturized to start. will return with more suggestions I just have to read your opening post again.

Happy hair growing, again welcome!
bbd

Welcome :drunk:. Sorry to hear about your mommy. Happy hair growing. I just joined this site not to long ago and have learned sooo much about hair.

Welcome Imanc, sorry to hear about your mom, I wish you all the best in your hair growing journey, you've come to the right place, and your avatar is pretty!:yep:

Welcome! There is so much great info here. Experiment and see what's works best for you. God bless you, your family and your hair journey.

WELCOME!!! Sorry to hear about your loss... Have you tried garlic shampoo?? That will cut down on the shedding!! I'm sure all of the lovely ladies on this site can give you information to help you achieve hair that your mother would be proud of!!!:grin:

Iman here, I have beed registered on this site for over a year and never actually subsribed until this morning. My mom passed away last month and she had extremly gorgeous hair... I want to grow my hair in honor of her. I am definitely a "newbie" and am just figuring out how to maneuver this forum. Any help would be wonderful.
I want to thank everyone for being there for me with my hair care issues in advance. I mean it will just not grow past that point you see in the picture. :drunk::drunk::drunk:
I moved to florida about four years ago from NY and I didn't have access to the dominican hair salon that I used to. my hair was also used to the change of seasons and the humidity is killing my hair. I started to DIY within the past few months and I have no clue of how to co-wash. I don't know how to search and I tried the search tutorial but don't even have the first link she was talking about. PLEASE someone HELP a rookie out...I will post pics of my hair... ps. I wrap my hair most night and use a silk scarf, but it still sheds like crazy. I have mega thick hair and have begun using DR. Miracles relaxer at home. I will stop babbling now and I hope I can have BSL hair by next year summer. :grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin: I know it is going to take hard work, but I am ready to have hair that people en-v!

~Although we can't go back and change how we started our journey in life,

we can start today and change how it ends~

I send my condolence to you on the loss of your mother. You are doing a great honor to her by continuing her good hair practices which from your photo look as though you know. I also congratulate you on your efforts for learning to move around the site, a definite great thing to do.
Welcome aboard and you most likely know that moisture is your hair's good, good friend..protect and oil seal those ends.

Welcome!!!

I wish you all the best in reaching your goals. I got here because of serious hair issues and I am not leaving. Everyday I learn something new and my hair is really benefiting from it.

I second the Garlic shampoo and Mane and Tail for shedding...

Happy Hair growing...!

Back