Held off touch-up due to rain.

BrooklynSouth

I would like to know whether having a retouch while it's raining affects relaxing the hair. I'd always heard the relaxer would not do a good job if it's raining..true or not? My retouch was not due until the 2nd. week of November but the new growth at the back of my head is at a peak of painful demarcation so something has to be done. MSM, biotin, silica, GNC NOURISHAIR, fish oil, better TLC or whatever......the back is growing. Today is a serious :drowning:rainy day so I postponed it.

BrooklynSouth said:
I would like to know whether having a retouch while it's raining affects relaxing the hair. I'd always heard the relaxer would not do a good job if it's raining..true or not? My retouch was not due until the 2nd. week of November but the new growth at the back of my head is at a peak of painful demarcation so something has to be done. MSM, biotin, silica, GNC NOURISHAIR, fish oil, better TLC or whatever......the back is growing. Today is a serious :drowning:rainy day so I postponed it.

I've never heard such a thing. I've had a touch-up during the rain before and my hair came out fine. I'm also due to have a touch-up today, so I hope this nasty, nasty weather gets better in a few hours. The wind is ridiculous.

I don't see what one has to do with the other. How could rain have any effect on a touch-up? Unless of course you're standing outside with rain pouring on your head while you have the relaxer sitting on it?:lol:

MizAvalon said:
I don't see what one has to do with the other. How could rain have any effect on a touch-up? Unless of course you're standing outside with rain pouring on your head while you have the relaxer sitting on it?:lol:

I was thinking the same thing and preparing a similar post. :lol: :lachen:

Anyway, Brooklyn, girl, go'on and relax those tresses. :) I don't even think the humidity afterward would have more than a temporary effect.

Thank goodness for y'all here at LHCF. Definitely busting quite a few hair myths for me. I burst out laughing at the image of me with relaxer on my head in the rain! Thanks, I blew it for today anyway so will sit tight until Monday.

SilkyandSmooth said:
I've never heard such a thing. I've had a touch-up during the rain before and my hair came out fine. I'm also due to have a touch-up today, so I hope this nasty, nasty weather gets better in a few hours. The wind is ridiculous.

This is the 2nd Saturday in a row in NYC...that the doggone wind has been off the chain and been whippin at my hair when going out *I'm fearing end issues like a muther right now for trying to be cute*:mad:

My last rollerset, because I'm going out with friends, will be next week until touch up time.

Back to washing at home and slapping hair up under a wig piece for the winter..:p

ETA: meant to add, I never let it raining stop a touch up date

Last edited:
My last retouch was when it was storming, that was the prefect time for me to relax and deep condition.

Back