HEATLESS Roller Set

Lucie

Dancin' on sunshine!
I don't have time to get my hair done Saturday and want to do a heatless roller set. How exactly do I go about doing this after I roller set my hair and how do I sleep. I use those big gray rollers. :ohwell: My hair takes forever and a day to dry. Please help!!!

Last edited:
If I'm not mistaken, I saw someone that did this with just some leave in conditioning spray, rolled her hair, and like five hours later, she had nice curls.

Hopefully someone will chime in and confirm.

I spiral curled my hair twice a week for a month straight using this method. I would use the small yellow rollers and roll my hair up using NTM silk touch and a mix of other leave ins and a little bit of lotta body (like 2 teaspoons) mixed with a bunch of water in a spray bottle. Then I would just cover the rollers with a satin bonnet and go to bed. It was a little hard to sleep though...I must admit. But in the morning I would just take the rollers out and voila! Beautiful spiral curl set everytime. Just make sure the hair has atleast 7-8 hours so it can fully dry. But I have never tried this for a regular roller set though...HTH!

If I'm not mistaken, I saw someone that did this with just some leave in conditioning spray, rolled her hair, and like five hours later, she had nice curls.

Hopefully someone will chime in and confirm.

Thank you. 5 hours? That would be great!!!!! :yep:

I spiral curled my hair twice a week for a month straight using this method. I would use the small yellow rollers and roll my hair up using NTM silk touch and a mix of other leave ins and a little bit of lotta body (like 2 teaspoons) mixed with a bunch of water in a spray bottle. Then I would just cover the rollers with a satin bonnet and go to bed. It was a little hard to sleep though...I must admit. But in the morning I would just take the rollers out and voila! Beautiful spiral curl set everytime. Just make sure the hair has atleast 7-8 hours so it can fully dry. But I have never tried this for a regular roller set though...HTH!

Thanks! I am going to buy one of those shower cap dryers and use it if the process takes too long. I have a seminar on Saturday and don't want to do a wash-and-go.

Thanks! I am going to buy one of those shower cap dryers and use it if the process takes too long. I have a seminar on Saturday and don't want to do a wash-and-go.
I have one of those and they are awesome! I got it from the BSS for about ten bucks.

Sometimes I use it to do a quick DC or when I'm banding my hair to get it straight.

I do this sometimes to avoid too much heat. The only thing is that my hair is BSL and thick so I need to rollerset early enough to allow time to dry. It'll take at least 8 hours for my hair to fully dry this way. I would suggest buying a hair net to hold your hair in place. I'm gangsta when it comes to rollers LOL so it doesn't bug me to wear those huge green and/or gray rollers at night.

I also use a bonnet hair dryer and just fall asleep with this on my head. Its not exactly sexy though LOL But I keep it on low key and its a bit uncomfortable, but I'm a heavy sleeper so it doesn't bother me.

You're talking about on wet hair right? I think some of the responses are referring to setting on dry hair.

If your hair takes forever to dry you would have to sleep with them overnight. Those rollers can be a pain but its doable. Just find a half way decent sleeping position and stick with it all night.

Oh yeah and you need a scarf big enough to cover your head.

I have one of those and they are awesome! I got it from the BSS for about ten bucks.

Sometimes I use it to do a quick DC or when I'm banding my hair to get it straight.

$10?!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I do this sometimes to avoid too much heat. The only thing is that my hair is BSL and thick so I need to rollerset early enough to allow time to dry. It'll take at least 8 hours for my hair to fully dry this way. I would suggest buying a hair net to hold your hair in place. I'm gangsta when it comes to rollers LOL so it doesn't bug me to wear those huge green and/or gray rollers at night.
I also use a bonnet hair dryer and just fall asleep with this on my head. Its not exactly sexy though LOL But I keep it on low key and its a bit uncomfortable, but I'm a heavy sleeper so it doesn't bother me.

Does it come out as nice as sitting under the dryer? I don't want a dry frizzy mess, LOL!!!! I think I am going to buy a shower cap looking dryer. I don't want to have a disaster on my hands Saturday morning, LOL!

You're talking about on wet hair right? I think some of the responses are referring to setting on dry hair.

If your hair takes forever to dry you would have to sleep with them overnight. Those rollers can be a pain but its doable. Just find a half way decent sleeping position and stick with it all night.

Oh yeah and you need a scarf big enough to cover your head.

Yeah, I am talking about wet hair. :yep: A scarf? I will add that to my list. I am making a list of stuff to purchase tomorrow at the BSS.

Thanks ladies!

Yeah, I am talking about wet hair. :yep: A scarf? I will add that to my list. I am making a list of stuff to purchase tomorrow at the BSS.

Thanks ladies!

Don't forget that it should be a satin or silk scarf.

The gray rollers are the really big rollers right? I'm not sure if the ones at the BSS will fit but I don't know. Maybe someone else can chime in.

You can also go to a fabric store. Some Walmarts have a fabric section and you can have them cut you piece of satin or silk fabric.

Don't forget that it should be a satin or silk scarf.

The gray rollers are the really big rollers right? I'm not sure if the ones at the BSS will fit but I don't know. Maybe someone else can chime in.

You can also go to a fabric store. Some Walmarts have a fabric section and you can have them cut you piece of satin or silk fabric.

I always wondered where people got those huge silk scarves from. The ones at the bss aren't that big. THANKS!

You don't want the hair excessively wet....I use a 50/50 mixture of Lottabody and a mousse (forgot the name) so that my hair doesn't take forever to dry.

Does it come out as nice as sitting under the dryer? I don't want a dry frizzy mess, LOL!!!! I think I am going to buy a shower cap looking dryer. I don't want to have a disaster on my hands Saturday morning, LOL!

I can't speak for everyone, but my hair comes out a tad frizzy BUT once I flatiron it looks more slick. Even if I don't use a flatiron, once I start to brush my hair and put some avocado butter it looks just fine. The bonnet dryer you're referring to is great. I got mine at a yard sale for $1 LOLOLOL and I always choose it over my hooded dryer.

You don't want the hair excessively wet....I use a 50/50 mixture of Lottabody and a mousse (forgot the name) so that my hair doesn't take forever to dry.

Thank you!

I can't speak for everyone, but my hair comes out a tad frizzy BUT once I flatiron it looks more slick. Even if I don't use a flatiron, once I start to brush my hair and put some avocado butter it looks just fine. The bonnet dryer you're referring to is great. I got mine at a yard sale for $1 LOLOLOL and I always choose it over my hooded dryer.

I don't have a flat iron. Nor a curling iron. :look: I will purchase them tonight after work.

$1?!!! I'm jealous! Is your brand Conair? I heard bad things about them.

I don't have time to get my hair done Saturday and want to do a heatless roller set. How exactly do I go about doing this after I roller set my hair and how do I sleep. I use those big gray rollers. :ohwell: My hair takes forever and a day to dry. Please help!!!
And you want to do a heatless roller set? How come? Just something different or do you not have a dryer or what? My hair would take way too long to dry without sitting under a dryer.

I airdry overnight with rollers all the time. I would recommend that you get a hairnet or a "netted" scarf. This way, you get maximum air flow to your hair (which makes it dry faster) and you have something to prevent the rollers from moving around.

And you want to do a heatless roller set? How come? Just something different or do you not have a dryer or what? My hair would take way too long to dry without sitting under a dryer.

I bought a soft bonnet dryer yesterday because the hard hat one was too small for my head and grey rollers. Allandra, at this point I am praying to God after all the YouTube, Fotkis and MaCherieAmour's DVD, I will be a success tonight.

I airdry overnight with rollers all the time. I would recommend that you get a hairnet or a "netted" scarf. This way, you get maximum air flow to your hair (which makes it dry faster) and you have something to prevent the rollers from moving around.

How long does it take to dry? Are you BSL? I would like to try this one weekend.:yep:

Back