Heating Caps ... neccessary for deep conditioning

Britt

Hi everyone,
I am new to board and filled with questions. Do u all think that heating caps work better for deep conditioning than a hooded dryer does? I think so b/c the heating cap kinda hugs the hair whereas the the hooded dryer allows air to circulate everywhere.

I am used to the heating caps I guess it hugs my hair/head as oppose to the dryer which I feel dries out my hair (with the hot air) in the process.

Since i despise sitting under the dryer, I think i may buy a heat cap.
As of now i just use 2 plastic caps and wrap it w/ a towel. When i take the towel off i notice my hair is warm and that heat has generated.... its low budget, but i think it works!

I agree with Beana3, external heat isn't really necessary for a deep conditioning. I can't stand to waste time sitting under the dryer so I try to avoid it like the plague unless I have absolutely nothing better to do. I'm trying not to use any heat in my hair at all for the whole summer (hello!)

I apply my deep conditioner and then cover my hair with a plastic cap and go work out or clean my house for 45 minutes to an hour. Body heat alone will help the conditioner penetrate.

Back