Heat Users

TonicaG

TonicaG
Ladies,

Quick three (3) part question for you:

1. What is the frequency of use of your flat iron; 2. Have you experienced any negative side effects (breakage/split ends) because of the heat; and 3. Are you using any specific products to combat negative side effects because of the use of heat?

Holla back!
TonicaG

Hi Tonica

1) I only try to use my flat iron once a month, when I do I give myself a protein reconstructor beforehand and trim the ends.

2) I found that using the flat iron too much was splitting my ends and then I would end up having to cut them off.

3) To protect my hair from the heat, I like to use the Nexxus Keraphix and I also like the IC Fantasia heat protecting spray.

hope this helps

1. What is the frequency of use of your flat iron;
Usually once a week

2. Have you experienced any negative side effects (breakage/split ends) because of the heat;
at one point in time, but not so much now, Im generally just taking better care of my hair

3. Are you using any specific products to combat negative side effects because of the use of heat?
I make sure I use a heat protectant, and keep my hair moisturized.. and drink alot of water

TonicaG said:
Ladies,

1. What is the frequency of use of your flat iron; 2. Have you experienced any negative side effects (breakage/split ends) because of the heat; and 3. Are you using any specific products to combat negative side effects because of the use of heat?

Holla back!
TonicaG

1) Most times I use my flat iron every 2 weeks.

2) No major negative side effects but I do notice that I get more splits when I use heat a lot.

3) To combat the negative side effects I always use a heat protectant, use the lowest heat possible, use castor oil on my ends which really helps with splits and I try to keep up with my protein treatments and moisturize daily.

1. What is the frequency of use of your flat iron;
2x a month @ my hairdresser.

2. Have you experienced any negative side effects (breakage/split ends) because of the heat;
I have not noticed more splitting, but my hair feels softer with rollersets. I also do not use flat irons on myself. My hair always comes out feeling horrid. So I only do a heat style when I got to the salon now.

3. Are you using any specific products to combat negative side effects because of the use of heat?
My stylist uses Mizani's therma protector prior to blowdrying. It seems to work quite well on my hair.

Back