Heat protectant needed 4 hooded dryers?

metalkitty

Hey ladies, does anyone know if it's necessary to heat protectant/ serum when drying under the hooded dryer? I know it's a big no-no to flat iron with oils in the hair, but is it also bad to be under the dryer with oil?
I've been wondering how ladies who rollerset after co washing or frequent washing do it... As in how do you avoid build up from cones or oils but still have the hair moisturized & sealed? Sorry for all the questions, but I wanted to add an extra wash or two weekly but wasn't sure the best way to style it since I hate buns on myself. TIA and sorry if this is a repeat question, you all know the deal with the search engine.

i personally dont think its necessary. i feel a leave in will suffice. and for rollersets you dont want to much product to weight the style down. I mean if u want to use serum and a leave in i think thats good enough.

Well, using a hooded dryer is really indirect heat; so there's no need to provide protection.

Using a leave-in and rollersetting the hair with it really wet is good enough. I've used EVOO in my rollersets, and my hair was just weighed down. It was not light and bouncy like I like it. So that was the end of that trial.

Back