Healthy heads BSL WL and longer.....Are you using LYE OR NO LYE

Teja

When I joined this board I was very sure that Lye was the way to go... I had used no-lye relaxers before but that was ages ago even before I went natural, can't really remember the results I had then either...But recently I noticed alot of ladies on this board are actuall NO LYERS.
I would love to try ORS and I am wondering is Lye relaxer really so great??? Alot of the ladies on this board who have long healthy hair have been using no lye relaxers forever so PLEASE ENLIGHTEN ME :grin:

When I joined this board I was very sure that Lye was the way to go... I had used no-lye relaxers before but that was ages ago even before I went natural, can't really remember the results I had then either...But recently I noticed alot of ladies on this board are actuall NO LYERS.
I would love to try ORS and I am wondering is Lye relaxer really so great??? Alot of the ladies on this board who have long healthy hair have been using no lye relaxers forever so PLEASE ENLIGHTEN ME :grin:

I use ORS No lye and i love it.....My scalp can't take lye it burns me.

Lye...never use no-lye.

Personally I'm not an advocate of no lye BUT you may want to check the active ingredient in the no-lye and compare those before making your decision.

I am not BSL or longer but I believe that ladies who prefer no-lye over lye like that no-lye gets their hair straighter and doesn't burn the scalp.

Ladies who like lye usually like it because it is less drying, doesn't require chelating, or because they don't want bone straight hair.

Some ladies just like the brand of relaxer that they like for whatever reason and didn't even think about lye vs. no-lye

Back